Terminations(not the electrical kind)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

So ,
those of you who keep an eye on international news will hardly have missed Irelands referendum on termination of pregnancy .
66% yes 33% no ,clear cut, no ambiguities there . Only sensible vote was a yes to abortion in limited circumstances ,
The wave of triumphalism on behalf of  females (mostly) held in Dublin castle made me want to projectile vomit though, with spit licker politicians appearing to rapturous applause  . The 'Yes' campaign was fought on the basis of equality and the womans rights bodily autonomy to either give birth or not .
Of course certain circumstances such as incest or rape which results in pregnancy ,it should be 100% the individuals womans choice , again no problem there.

However the one thing that has been completely neglected in the discussion is the fathers rights in cases of accidental pregnancy , the women have become so 'empowered' that a fathers rights no longer exist .
Isn't it the way with presure groups that the so called fight for equality can often end up in discrimination at a total polar opposite to the status quo .Is that really progress or just or just an opposite lock power flip manuvre ?
Hot on the heels of the referendum result theres more trouble brewing in relation to adoption services run by state and church  blanking out peoples real identities . I think  this next papal visit to Ireland, payed for from the public purse, is going to be beset by protests from  victims of these church and state run institutions .
Over a million people made it to Phoenix park in Dublin in '79 to see PPII,  I think Papi Francis will be very lucky to get 250.000 if he actually has a mass public assembly in the capitol.

Tubetec said:
I think  this next papal visit to Ireland, payed for from the public purse, is going to be beset by protests from  victims of these church and state run institutions .

Please God, as my Mother would say  :)

Hi

That's an acrobatic topic you start here  :)

Tubetec said:
However the one thing that has been completely neglected in the discussion is the fathers rights in cases of accidental pregnancy , the women have become so 'empowered' that a fathers rights no longer exist .

I don't see (but you can help me) a situation where an "accidental pregnancy", meaning both use whatever exist to avoid it because it's not the time for kid or don't want kid, finally flip the mind of the potential "fathers"

Also for what I can understand and deduce about the Ireland situation, this call and further law and constitution change, will mostly regularize and simplify what already exist...

An abortion is NEVER "fun", woman don't do it like shopping (I use cliché on purpose...)

Best
Zam

Back