Test Jig for Multiple DOA / 2520 and 990 types?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outoftune

I was wondering if anyone knows of a preexisting product or PCB / kit for testing / burning DOA's.

I usually use an API 512 pre to test them one at a time but would like to be able to test / burn in multiples at one time.

I have a bench supply that can run the PSU. I know I could build a breadboard with I/O and the opamp as a gain stage...but I'm wondering if one exists that can test / burn in multiples at one time?

I made a jig that made it easier to SOLDER pins to 2520 style opamps, but it isn't a test jig. It's just for soldering and pin alignment. But some people have made test jigs with them.

I actually bought a test jig from Five Fish Audio.

Here's my alignment jig.

Attachments

• IMG_20210405_175700391.jpg
    IMG_20210405_175700391.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Back in the 70s before commercial op amps were as good as they are now I used to test 1,000 pcs orders 100% for my kit company customers. (I used a ZIF socket). 100% testing allowed me to tell the customers that the ICs were known good when I sold them.

I would test a quad op amps by running the four channel in series with unity gain inverting feedback resistors. To stress the opamps I increased the noise gain to something like 100x for each stage. Adding a resistor from the - input to ground increases the noise gain while still passing the unity gain signal. I passed a sine wave through this set up and watched the output with a scope. Bad/suspect IC revealed I/f noise and other process issues.

Back in the 70's I would find single digit rejects from a 1,000 pc batch... by the early 80's the ICs they shipped were better and I stopped testing 100%.

JR

I had a bunch of these to test (toaster oven reflow specials) so made a little jig using 0.1" matrix board and "sockets" gleaned from a PCB DB25F. Multiple ? Rinse and repeat.

Attachments

• 990 test.jpg
    990 test.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Back