Texar Prism Multiband Processor clone

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I pulled my store version of my site down because interest waned plus parts became a hassle to source. Things are improving a bit so my site is back up as a place holder until I have time to work on it. There is a demo link on there of the unit supplied by another builder.

www.ortelligent.com

@Stratofox71 -- I received the package you sent. Thank you! I'm in the process of ordering the front panel and additional parts for the build. The documentation for this project is incredibly thorough, and I'm really excited to get this going.

I noticed that in the MB1 board (I/O balanced interface), the THAT1646 balanced line driver is fed directly from the wiper of the output level potentiometer, which is definitely not good practice. The THAT datasheet is very clear about it, the 1646 should be driven from a very low Z source.
The penalty is seriously degraded CMRR. It should not be a big issue in most cases, since the Prism is generally connected to an Optimod or similar, located very close, so there's no long cable runs. However, in a heavy RF environment, that could be a problem.

Last edited:
Hello,
For people who might be interested I have :
BP1-REV A cards = 30 euros per card (without components)
MB1 = 10 euros (without components)
DS1 2 = 15 euros ( 2 x cards without components)
You can contact me by email : [email protected]
Thierry

Latest posts

Back