The Dr. Stephen Hawking Award For Audio

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matriachamplification

Wall Thomas
Hello groupDIY

I have a habitual inability to discuss my past works.
With the understanding that some think my past is unique I am starting this thread.

in 2009 I was awarded by Dr. Stephen Hawking a honorary certification for video game audio I created for a children game about black holes. This was the end of my career as a creative audio professional as this was the pinnacle of my personal concept of success. With that I moved onto education and "The Anatomy of Audio and Sound of Design" was born.

Analog and Tube design being the focus of the next 9 years of my life while homeschooling my children in the ways of self reliability/sustainability was obviously my purpose with one small hick-up. In 2012 I was in a accident that resulted in "60%" memory loss. How that number came to be I have no way of knowing.

From 2012 until today my memory remains "on the tip of my tongue". Currently we are working with Mr. Thompson-Bell CTC build as a way to refocus my thought process. In less then 3 months my spelling alone has increased exponentially.

As this is the only online communication I plan to have its seems the best place to begin discussions on the creative and tech sides of audio.

more soon

Wall

As this is the only online communication I plan to have its seems the best place to begin discussions on the creative and tech sides of audio.

Yes welcome to DIY.  It’s a great community to pursue audio interest.  Lots of help from the community.    Glowing tube audio is a a favorite topic around here.  Some very brilliant minds  in digital audio can also be found, thank God!  Welcome.

fazer said:
Yes welcome to DIY.  It’s a great community to pursue audio interest.  Lots of help from the community.    Glowing tube audio is a a favorite topic around here.  Some very brilliant minds  in digital audio can also be found, thank God!  Welcome.

Hello Fazer and thank you for your insight. I am still manoeuvring the many areas of GDIY and have yet to venture into the realm of digital audio.
Is there much discussion about 3D experimental mixing live audio implementation using Wwise or Dolby Atmos?

We cannot seem to find anything.
This became a area of interest and inspiration given the connection to Dr. Stephen Hawking. To create a all Tube Dolby Atmos Sound Stage where the listener can be placed in ANY position of the performer. Drummer being especially interesting to mix in 3D.

The other is a personal rig composed of old reel to reel tube distortion 3D live showcasing of varying modular synths.

However I lack the ability to formulated this inital concepts into a paper document. Such is life!

Back