THE DUO - REDD 47 FRENCHY VERSION

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

igrecji

Hi My name is Yves JAGET, and I "partnered" with a friend, Denis Pinchedez, a sound engineer with a passion for electronics, as well as myself, to offer high-end tube audio machine kits. The first of them are the DUO and the QUARANTE SEPT
Our modules name is RETROBOX

Here is our French version of the REDD47 EMI, the DUO .

The preamp is stereo (2 x mono channel) and fits in 1U height. Tubes are mounted horizontally on secondary circuit boards, the input and output transformer are JENSEN.

DUO-PHOTO FRONT GROUPDIY#1-#02.png

The main circuit is 43cm wide by 40cm deep. All power supplies are regulated and stabilized.When the power is turned on, the filament DC voltage gradually increases from 0 to 6.3volt in 30 seconds, and DC HV gradually increase from 0 to 300Volt in three and a half minutes The DC 12V PSU support all relays (8), and the integrated circuits stage added for the control of the vu-meters, as well as a symmetrical line level input allowing to use the DUO in insert on a stereo stem to give it the color of the rich harmonics of the associated Pentode/Triode tubes.

DUO FRONT INSIDE_clipped_rev_2_edited.png

I propose a partial kit includes all the chassis parts as well as all the hardware, the power toroïdal transformer (custom made) as well as the self (also custom made), and the large main circuit board, as well as its 7 sub circuits.
The original schematic has been strictly recpected, there is just an additional gain step compare to original. Two XLR COMBO inputs with JACK 6.35 are located on the front. The two JACK 6.35 allow to fit directly on the tubes and transforms the DUO into two wonderful DI BOX.

DUO INSIDE BACK-02.png

We have also released this preamp in a EURORACK version available as a complete kit, in which we can accommodate 8 modules. The originality that we have added is that we can also put 500 format modules or VPN format modules (51X) in the EURORACK thanks to a special adapter. The external power supply unit is intended to support +/-16V and +/-24V for these 500/VPN format modules.

Here is the QUARANTE SEPT module...

QUARANTE SEPT-OUVERT-À PLAT-DÉTOURÉ-01.jpg

Here is the empty EURORACK...

CHASSIS EURORACK VIDE.png

Here is an adaptator for 500 API or VPN format module, and the voltage report card...

POPUP BOITE SURVOL 3.png

The external power supply for the QUARANTE SEPT RACK...

ALIM EURORACK-01.png

I’m happy to answer to any information you may need on this new project.

Last edited:
Interestingly, all the pictures showed when I first viewed this thread around 2:30pm UK time, but I likewise can't see them now.

Anyway, looks like a really great project with a great deal of thinking behind it. Any thoughts on prices? Do you guys have a website, or any sound demos?

Also agree with Living Sounds that this should be a WM thread.

Interestingly, all the pictures showed when I first viewed this thread around 2:30pm UK time, but I likewise can't see them now.

Anyway, looks like a really great project with a great deal of thinking behind it. Any thoughts on prices? Do you guys have a website, or any sound demos?

I've asking for moving it to WM
Thank you for your message.
I'll display price as soon as the post will be at the right place,
Yves

hi TwentyTrees,
Thank you for your message,
All prices are specified in my site: Préamplis micros & Boites de direct | RETROBOX
feel free to contact me if you need further information
YJ

Latest posts

Back