the legendary tg12412

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to revive an old thread, but the last two comments were never responded to multiple searches turned up no results. Does anyone have these schematics? abbey road d enfer?

Hello to all  :)

Does anyone have the "TG12412_schemo.jpg" they could share? in Tech docs i get:
"404 - Attachment Not Found"

Thank you very much.

Anyone still have the schematic in a full size file? Can't tell the details for the inductors from the file posted.

Is anyone willing to help me understand the low shelf topology/function and how to calculate those frequencies? When I calculate them as LR filters, I'm getting way lower cutoff frequencies than are listed.

Is anyone willing to help me understand the low shelf topology/function and how to calculate those frequencies? When I calculate them as LR filters, I'm getting way lower cutoff frequencies than are listed.
The nominal frequency of shelf eq's is NOT the turnover ffequency of the associated filters. The listed frequency is where the max boost cut happens, so it's typically about 3 octaves above or below the 3dB point.

Looking between the TG12414 and the TG12412, I noticed some distinct differences with the circuits. It looks like the signal at the first stage (bc109 and bcy71) of the TG12414 are biased to a negative voltage while the first stage of the TG12412 are biased to a positive voltage. Is that accurate? What reason would these two circuits be different when (I assume) they were used in the same desks?

Attachments

• TG12414-D101.pdf
    186.1 KB · Views: 1
I'm no expert but my guess would be to separate the high and low tension/current/noise sections from each other. Putting them on separate rails would give you that.

If I gave you a Mathematica spreadsheet that accurately calculates them as s-domain laplace transforms would that help? The complication here is the inverting stage gain, which shifts the frequencies a little bit compared to a passive circuit.

Back