The Pedal Movie

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo Deadly

Has anyone watched "The Pedal Movie"?

My guess is that it's probably just bloviating nonsense. But the trailer shows a bunch of schematic backgrounds so I cannot help but wonder if they actually get into how individual pedals work or if, by some miracle, they actually described some of the circuits. Then I would actually want to watch it of course.

Transistors, ICs, parts get mentioned a couple times, but you definitely won't gather any technical knowledge from it. The first part of it is quite nice, it is a short history overview from the first fuzzes up to the digital era we are at now. It's narrated by mostly smaller builders and company owners in shorter statements, putting it together as a coherent story. The last third is said persons letting everybody know how great they are and what a great industry it is they work in, and some of them justifying their businesses building clones. Could have done without that part.

It's better than sheer bloviation.
But no circuits are discussed, at all. There are absolutely no technical details.

However, if you're into guitar pedals, it's worth watching. It has a good history section of the origins of the fuzz pedal, and the historical timeline of the introduction of significant effects like the tremolo, talkbox, phaser, etc.

It's mostly stuff I already knew, but I still enjoyed watching it.

I'm interested in seeing it, but not of Fran is doing nothing but complaining about how people stole her ideas.
I saw her video on it in recent days (it's how I heard about the movie), I recall her main complaint is they didn't ask her any technical questions.

I saw her video on it in recent days (it's how I heard about the movie), I recall her main complaint is they didn't ask her any technical questions.
She's done a few "whoa is me" videos in the recent past complaining about people stealing her ideas, and it really turned me off to her channel. I used to sub, now I just occasionally look to see if she's done anything interesting lately.

Latest posts

Back