The Perfect Front Panel Service

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@rna is there a thread or site or something where we can learn more about this project? It seems very interesting and I am curious about it, but I don't want to derail this thread.

On the topic of cases, I'm very interested to look into the Protocase route that MidnightArrakis posted above. I'd heard the name before, but never really checked them out. It seems like a fantastic way to get something made that is more project-specific than an off-the-shelf case, when the need for such a thing arises. I downloaded their software and am going to try playing around with it a bit this weekend.

@rna is there a thread or site or something where we can learn more about this project? It seems very interesting and I am curious about it, but I don't want to derail this thread.

On the topic of cases, I'm very interested to look into the Protocase route that MidnightArrakis posted above. I'd heard the name before, but never really checked them out. It seems like a fantastic way to get something made that is more project-specific than an off-the-shelf case, when the need for such a thing arises. I downloaded their software and am going to try playing around with it a bit this weekend.
[I'm very interested to look into the Protocase route that MidnightArrakis posted above] -- HEY!!!.....I appreciate that you are looking into my suggestion of possibly using the available "Protocase" software to at least find out if it will meet your needs to design a custom case with. Just be aware of this.....if you do not have any previous experience with using CAD-design software, even doing the most simplest design functions will appear to be -- confusing and nightmarish -- to you. It will take you awhile for your mind to adjust to a "new way of thinking and doing" things that you have never done before. Just be patient, OK???

On the other hand.....as a possible alternative and/or backup strategy.....you have already seen some of my design work in one of the earlier postings, feel free to send me a PM of what it is that you are looking for and what it is that you are looking to accomplish and I will see if I can help you out using what I know and/or with using my mechanical CAD-design software (i.e., not "FREE"!!!).

So far.....2 small UK audio companies on this forum have contacted me and requested my designing expertise with their projects and a guy who is a "Well-Known Member" here on this forum has asked me to design a small PCB for him. So, should you need some assistance.....let me know, OK??? I already have all of the necessary CAD-design software (that has cost me around $11,000, as I don't use any of the typical -- FREE -- software that is so commonly used on this forum) installed on my home CAD-workstation.

/

Back