The Perfect Front Panel Service

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

rna

What timing this thread is! I posted a few days ago about getting a case for my project I wish to make available to DIY'ers.
I had no response on that thread. I need the 19" case as well as a front panel. I am hoping to sell SMD pre assembled PCB's as I just can not seem to get a case together. I tried Meface but the could not load a .stepfile.
If anyone can give me some direction on how to get a case sorted for this project I would be really greatful.

Last edited:

rna

I am in contact now with Holt Broadcast now, seems very promising apart from I just want to try a single unit as a tester.

ruffrecords

GDIY Supporter
What timing this thread is! I posted a few days ago about getting a case for my project I wish to make available to DIY'ers.
I had no response on that thread. I need the 19" case as well as a front panel. I am hoping to sell SMD pre assembled PCB's as I just can not seem to get a case together. I tried Meface but the could not load a .stepfile.
If anyone can give me some direction on how to get a case sorted for this project I would be really greatful.

Modushop in Italy has a range of cases and also does front panels:

Modushop by Hi-Fi 2000

P.S. Are you based in the UK??

Edit: regarding Meface, you do not really need a step file for a front panel. A regular dxf will do. Have you tried using front panel designer from Schaeffer?

Schaeffer AG Frontplatten Designer

Cheers

Ian

rna

regarding Meface, you do not really need a step file for a front panel. A regular dxf will do. Have you tried using front panel designer from Schaeffer?
With the Meface experiment I could download their own CAD version of the case and add my kicad 3d export the line it all up but I was unsure of the internal clearances due to its design. The cases on the Holt Braodcast looked like they had better clearances. But I think you are correct I should have just sent dxf of front and back panels. I might try again with them armed with this knowledge.
Can panel designer from Schaeffer doe the whole 19" case? At this stage getting 3 quotes is a sensible idea.
I also need 4 pcb standoffs welded/rivited in to support the back plane of the pcb.
BTW I built up the PCB and everything worked as expected!! Which thread should I post to with regarding selling some pcb's?
Next week I will make some audio demos so would like to start a new post in the correct location.

ruffrecords

GDIY Supporter
With the Meface experiment I could download their own CAD version of the case and add my kicad 3d export the line it all up but I was unsure of the internal clearances due to its design. The cases on the Holt Braodcast looked like they had better clearances. But I think you are correct I should have just sent dxf of front and back panels. I might try again with them armed with this knowledge.
Can panel designer from Schaeffer doe the whole 19" case? At this stage getting 3 quotes is a sensible idea.
I also need 4 pcb standoffs welded/rivited in to support the back plane of the pcb.
BTW I built up the PCB and everything worked as expected!! Which thread should I post to with regarding selling some pcb's?
Next week I will make some audio demos so would like to start a new post in the correct location.
I believe Schaeffer can you a whole case but I have not tired it with them. I think they can also do stand offs. Modushop certainly can do an entire case. I have only used Meface for panels. I did not know they can do cases.

If you want to sell PCBs the best way is through the white market.

Cheers

Ian