The scourge of Lowestoft Christmas cracker comeback

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

Its out a month or two now but the Darkness have a new album , mostly guitars drums and bass remind me of late 80's early 90 's LA rock , think Faster Pussycat ,Motley Crue etc
Theres more than a touch of 70's style in the mix too , Queen being the most obvious influence but touches of Thin Lizzy , Aerosmith and Kiss too , Hawkins manages sexual inuendo without becoming overtly sexist like in the good old days of bad boy rock n roll . Worth a listen if if its a genre that tickles your fancy .

Hi Ian ,

As far as I can tell yes the original line up , the two Hawkins bros the bass player and drummer , their appearance has changed somewhat though , with Justin sporting a brand new smile courtesy of the orhtodontist and a spliffing moustache Salvador Dali would be proud of . There a talented bunch yet still dont take themselves too seriously , touches of Spinal Tap without being totally cheesey . There in their mid 40's at this stage but still carry it off with plenty of youthful exuberance . Motorheart is the new album , around 45 minutes long but very listenable start to finish .

From what I read Justin left the band in 2006 to address some personal issues . The original line up reformed again in 2011 after Justin and Dan had pursued other projects for a few years without much success. Right now there back on the road playing the Sheperds Bush empire tonight then taking a break before playing Belfast and Dublin around the end of February with Steve Harris (Iron Maidens bass player) latest project 'British Lion' playing the support slot .

Latest posts

Back