The UTC A 10 is once again available!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Wilson

Crimson Transformer, Cape Girardeau, Mo. has successfully recreated the UTC A 10 microphone input transformer & offering it for $95.00 w all of the original primary taps & $75.00 with just the 150 ohm primary.

These units are far superior to Peerless & will handle +15 dbm before coresaturation. Freq. Response: -1dbb @dB, 30 Hz. & -.5db @ 20 khz.

If you are in Europe don't waste your time, they don't even bother replying to your email requests.

As an alternative there is the AMI UT-10, as well as the UT-24 so you can get the matched set for the LA-2A or similar.
From my experience their products are very good and the customer service is impeccable

If you are in Europe don't waste your time, they don't even bother replying to your email requests.

As an alternative there is the AMI UT-10, as well as the UT-24 so you can get the matched set for the LA-2A or similar.
From my experience their products are very good and the customer service is impeccable
Can’t speak to these others, but I just finished an La2a with the AMI transformers and absolutely can confirm this - service was excellent and they sound great!

Latest posts

Back