Tim Campbell vs Beesneez vs Heiserman CK12 capsules?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icantthinkofaname

I'm thinking of getting an properly made chambered CK12 capsule. I've listened to the CT12 and BCK12, I thought they were pretty evenly matched for my taste. How's the Heiserman HK12 capsule?

They all seem to be around $500 in my currency (Beesneez is roughly $440, AUD and CAD are quite close). The on axis response which is what I heard sounds pretty much the same on both the CT12 and BCK12, didn't hear off axis, or any tests other than vocals or acoustic guitar, but they definitely have that CK12 sound I like.

FWIW, I have had 2 mics--Dave Pearlman's P250 prototypes (ELA-M250-type) with Tim Campbell's CT12s for close to 10 years: couldn't be happier with those capsules.  And I'm halfway through* 'pulling the trigger' on a pair of Dave's P12As--also with Tim's CT12  capsules. 

Also, a very picky friend bought 2 of Tim's capsules to replace the original brass CK12s in his ELA-M251s and he was very happy as well; he was looking for a better mic-to-mic capsule match and got it. 

*I took delivery on s/n 01 last Monday, Dave's building the next one now. 

Just have installed a Beesneez c12 caps in the first version of a rode nt1 (with the cap mod)! Couldn't be much happier with the result ! The mic sounds just like I expect it, and like nothing other mic ! :)

Beesneez is a great capsule !

I think these types of threads are kind of silly. All of these guys mentioned here are present on this forum, each and every one of them very helpful and highly regarded.

I don't think anyone here is going to favor one over the other, or at least state it openly here. They are all awesome products, manufacturers and knowledgeable people who deserve all the praise they get.

My two cents.

Latest posts

Back