Tl audio pot replacement

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deepdark

Hi there

I have to repair a TL audio pot which has it's stop broken, so it turn infinitely. No big deal to replace a pot. Looking at the pot itself, it looks to be a dual gang 5K log from Alpha. Looking at the schematic linked, one of the gang (RV3A) control the Instr A input and the other (RV3B)  is strapped between pin 1-8 of the Mic In IC7. What struggle me is that RV3A is 5K log and RV3B is 5K A log (anti log??). What I would like to confirm is that if the pot is just a dual gang 5k log and the Mic in side is wired in reverse to fake a reverse log.

Thanks guys

Hello,
Did You meassure the A log Poti ?
I think a antilog Poti is marked with a  "- " , a  "F " or a "3."
If You open the Poti and turn the Coal or reverse the Mic Input Side You have a antilog Curve but You have a totally wrong  Process, Noun , that won t work properly, because than in the beginning of the Turn You have a huge change of the Resistance, from the middle to the end You won t reconize any  change.
I would try to get the right Poti.
Greatings
Lothar

Hi

I didn't measure it but reading the inscription on the back of the pot it says 5K. What I was wondering is on the schematic, it looks to be 1 gang log and 1 gang anti log. If it's really that, it will suck to find the right one...

Hello,
The first Thing I would do is to meassure the Poti, to be sure.
If the Ohms  become less  when turning clockwise, it s anti Log.
If this is the Case, it maybee is getting  difficult to find it in a Standart Shop, or in small  Numbers.
I also don t know a Place, sorry .
In bigger Numbers You can  order Everything You like in China.
In the worst Case You could contact TL Audio or a TL Audio Service Station and ask if They can send You  a Replacement,
I just was reading that the Unit is discontinued but that doesn t mean that They don t have Spareparts. I would ask again, or give Them a Call.
Greatings and good Luck,
Lothar

Back