Toft ATB service manual or schematics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CASMO Estudio

Hi group!

Long time reader, 1st post though.

I’ve purchased a Toft ATB 16 (yes, I’ve read all the caveats, but it came reasonably cheap and I just sold a R9 Les Paul and euros are burning in my pocket :-D )

It has a dead channel. According to the seller, channel 16 overload led lights with anything you plug, but no sound comes out. I trust I can repair it myself, but I havent been able to find the schematics or a service manual. Anything other than the user manual.

I’ve emailed PMI but they havent come back yet.

Anyone knows where I can find it?

Cheers,

Jose

Just take lots of measurements from one of the other 15 channels that still works and write them down. Then compare with the measurements you are getting from this "dead" channel, and you will eventually find where the fault is, and what part to replace.

Yeah. That too, but I’s still like to have the schematics.

PMI just replied they dont share schematics, and offered me a Trident 68 :-D

If anyone have them, please let me know. I’m willing to buy them.

Cheers,

Jose

PMI just replied they dont share schematics
There's your answer. But since you actually believe that other people were somehow able to obtain the unobtainable schematic when the company is not keen on sharing, who am I to question it. Good luck.

I once ask a manufacturer for service manual/schemo/cal procedure of a defect unit I have.
They first refuse for all the obvious and easy argument of copyright blabla etc...
I reply that I'm a -qualified tech- :rolleyes: and was ready to sign a NDA.
They send the document without asking/arguing anything more and I was able to repair the unit.

Hopefully one day it will be mandatory for any manufacturer to disclose all the necessary documentation to repair a product after end of warranty and/or EOL.
There is so many pples able to repair things...help the planet...
and offered me a Trident 68
that's a nice joke...now a broken ATB channel cost 15K to repair 😂

Cheers
Zam

Well, there
There's your answer. But since you actually believe that other people were somehow able to obtain the unobtainable schematic when the company is not keen on sharing, who am I to question it. Good luck.
well… there are “unofficial” technicians repairing them and modding them. Hopefully my assumption wont be too bold! Thanks for the good luck wishes.
I once ask a manufacturer for service manual/schemo/cal procedure of a defect unit I have.
They first refuse for all the obvious and easy argument of copyright blabla etc...
I reply that I'm a -qualified tech- :rolleyes: and was ready to sign a NDA.
They send the document without asking/arguing anything more and I was able to repair the unit.

Hopefully one day it will be mandatory for any manufacturer to disclose all the necessary documentation to repair a product after end of warranty and/or EOL.
There is so many pples able to repair things...help the planet...

that's a nice joke...now a broken ATB channel cost 15K to repair 😂

Cheers
Zam

I’ll try that approach. Let’s see…

Back