too pushy on network/phone store

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kambo

last week my phone gone bust, and i went to network/phone store.
anyway, got my phone, and i was about to pay the TAX for it. then all the sudden conversation changed to
oh, u should get TV service from us,  u only pay one (1) more dollar every month to your existing monthly phone bill.
i told him that i was happy with our service, and my wife is the main user, aint gonna mess with her recordings etc....
Damn, that wasnt good enough... he was still trying to sell it.... kept talking about all the benefits etc.... i wasnt buying any of it!
then this sales person, disappeared for a min, and came back with  the store manager, WTH  :eek:
"Hi my name is XYZ, i am the store manager, our TV SERVICE ETC ETC....!!!! "
OMG... here we go  again ;D ;D ;D
i do not  want it.... lets get on with the payment for the TAX...

then they tried to sell me 50$ phone cover.... dude, i get my phone cover from the $ store, and it does exactly
what ur 50$ cover does... take the Tax, and let me go.... i got work to do.... what a nightmare!

Add-on sales (cover) are a huge source of profit for retailers.

Cross-selling (trying to lump in TV service) is only available to some larger vendors but more with industry consolidation.

One major bank (Welles) is currently in trouble for cross-selling services to customers without asking them. They already fired thousands of low level employees but despite throwing that many under the bus, management still has some "splainin" to do.

JR 

Latest posts

Back