Touching up anodized finish

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riggler

Does anyone have a solution for this? You know, where the anodized coating on front panels has been scratched, etc. I was thinking an enamel, but thinking it might leave a real shiny finish that might stick out worse than the initial scratch.

I remember reading about this a long time ago. Remember nothing good coming from trying to touch it up...

I work with anodized picture frame moulding on a daily basis at work. That stuff is a scratch MAGNET... I go to pretty great lengths to make sure I keep metal chips and dust off my work tables and saw so I don't scratch the moulding as it's being cut.

Bummer, I know...sorry :(

I actually purchased a bottle of some concoction that supposed to be some sort of anodizing finish - you just apply it like a paint, supposed to be used on guns and stuff for the spots where anodizing wore off... Never got around to try it though.
Paint would stick out on anodizing worse than a scratch though...

For small scratches I use permanent marker pens. I can usually find a color that matches to the original color.

Tomas

Latest posts

Back