TR-505 Individual Outs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clbraddock

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. If not, I apologize.

I have an old Roland TR-505 I am wanting to mod. The original only has stereo out. I have seen some mods online to add individual outputs for each drum sound, but they aren't documented super well. In particular I like the ideas at Roland TR-505 – A Better Mod for Individual Outputs - 9bit but am not sure I understand the schematic. Normally, when I see two parallel lines I read that to be a cut trace - but looking at the picture of the completed mod I dont really see any traces that are cut. Am I reading this wrong? I dont want to start cutting traces if thats not what Im supposed to do.

I also am not sure what a breaking jack is. Is there another name for this?

Thanks!

Yes, cut the traces. The traces may be on the other side of the board, so not visible in that picture. Use a switched jack. When nothing is plugged in, the jack switch shorts across the trace that was cut, so the sound continues to the stereo out. Plug something in and the switch opens, removing the signal from the stereo out. You could leave the trace intact and use non switching jacks I suppose if you don't mind the individual outs signal also going to the stereo out. I still have the TR-626 that I bought new. I got it because it had individual outs so I could control the volume of individual sounds.

Latest posts

Back