Trident Fleximix EQ Module Schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobober

Hey everyone,

Dont suppose anyone has the schematic for the sealed EQ modules inside a trident fleximix. I've got some EQ faults in the console I'm trying to bring back to full health. I'm guessing I might have to try and get into the sealed modules if no-one has the schematics to hand? Annoyingly they're not in the manual.

Cheers!

Funny, I thought I had them at some point, but now I cannot find them. I do have photos of four different versions of the EQ modules including one with no potting. They are all entirely passive. Will try to remember to post one tomorrow from my main computer.

Well, unfortunately this is all I have - the four versions of the EQ modules.

The first one is the open architecture module. It is comprised of resistors and capacitors on a piece of circuit board. The values are printed on the parts so if you find one of these they can be easily copied.

The second module looks very slim from above, but has hanging bits which are also covered in epoxy. These bear blurry markings which appear to read ED3100 and ED3101 among others.

The third set are proper epoxy blocks clearly labelled as ED 3101/301011/7713 and ED3100/301010/7722. They are about 1/2 the size of an API 2520 OpAmp.

The fourth and final (?) lot are clearly pieces of circuit board with a rounded epoxy block molded on top of them. There are no markings at all.

Attachments

• EQ 1 No Pot.jpg
    EQ 1 No Pot.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 43
  • EQ 2 Flat Pot.jpg
    EQ 2 Flat Pot.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 35
  • EQ 3 Square Pot.jpg
    EQ 3 Square Pot.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 33
  • EQ 4 Big Pot.jpg
    EQ 4 Big Pot.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 33
I did buy an old fleximix about 30 years ago , four channel modules in the 16 posi frame and the master module .
I tried to get it going but there were all sorts of issues including those red tantalum drop caps that consistantly failed dead short . I finally got tired of the smell of acrid smoke and stripped it down , the four Zutt transformers on the inputs I saved , and they are very nice , they work very well in tube gear as step up to grid . The eq modules looked like the EQ4 style from the pics , long since gone to landfill at this stage .

Latest posts

Back