Tubes...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zamproject

Hi All

I put my hand on tube stock and just finish the listing.
I'm not expert in tube history but most of them seem old radio/TV stuff ?
Most of them are Telefunken, majority NIB.
Come from a friend of my father, I can pick whatever I need in it, (and give back the rest) so I don't want to abuse.
I'm sure some of you can tell me instantly what I can keep and use to build let say tube pre, tube comp/varimu, or whatever interesting studio related.
Idea welcome to use what can be.
I have to admit I'm little lazy to read 50 datasheet 😬

Best
Zam

3554​
1​
25Z6G​
1​
6AB4​
1​
6H6MG​
1​
6X4​
1​
AZ41​
3​
DAF91​
4​
DAF96​
4​
DF91​
2​
DF92​
1​
DF92​
4​
DF97​
1​
DF97​
2​
DK91​
5​
DK92​
7​
DK96​
2​
DL92​
6​
DL94​
2​
DL95​
1​
DL95​
1​
DL96​
1​
DL96​
5​
DM70​
1​
EAF42​
11​
EBC41​
6​
EBF83​
1​
ECF1​
1​
ECH42​
5​
EF42​
2​
EF6​
1​
EH90​
1​
EK90​
6​
EL41​
1​
EY83​
2​
PABC80​
4​
PL81​
9​
PL82​
1​
PY83​
1​
PY83​
1​
UAF42​
7​
UBC41​
12​
UBC81​
3​
UBF89​
3​
UCH42​
12​
UCH81​
2​
UF41​
4​
UF42​
1​
UL41​
2​
UL84​
7​
UY41​
6​
UY85​
3​

Ok I just check DM70 datasheet I think It's one I pull out of the box, miniature tube, it's one of few used, regarding the box shape and some legs way shorter than others.

Is there other subminiature tube in the list I can do fun little (distortion) box with them ?

Has anyone ever seen or used an 833A? It was rather large and the fellow I knew used it in a ham radio amplifier.

PL81/82 would be (low) power pentodes 2-3W a piece. Interesting for small DIY PP amps.

The DL9x series are somewhat unusual these days, being low-voltage "power" pentodes meant for battery operation. Small form factor and 7-pin packages. Might be useful for a PP headphones output stage or mic amp? I might be interested myself, but I get they're not for sale;-)
Congrats on your find;-)

Thanks Disco

Just rapidly check datasheet for those

PL81/82, heater voltage is high ? not used to that, and probably should find a first stage tube with the same for convenient design.

DL9x seem more fun ! less that 3V heater :)
seem directly heated, have to study that, nether used to.

Exactly. Ohm will tell you the voltage...

TMI: Tube TV's of yore would save a huge filament transformer by wiring all the heaters in series and then directly to mains. A remote ham-radio uncle warned me as a kid about "those old TV's with lots of exciting tubes". Probably helped keep me alive;-)
The downside was that you had to check all the tubes to find the culprit if a heater gave out.

Have fun, Viggo

Exactly. Ohm will tell you the voltage...

TMI: Tube TV's of yore would save a huge filament transformer by wiring all the heaters in series and then directly to mains. A remote ham-radio uncle warned me as a kid about "those old TV's with lots of exciting tubes". Probably helped keep me alive;-)
The downside was that you had to check all the tubes to find the culprit if a heater gave out.

Have fun, Viggo
I don't know that much about TV sets but lots of cheap radios had the heaters wired in series and connected directly to the mains voltage.

The old TV sets had an interlock the unplugged the mains power line cord when you removed the back cover... they sold "cheater" power cords to defeat that safety lock out.

JR

Latest posts

Back