Two exits to different sources from 1176.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmanj

I welcome everyone.
I have a replica 1176 from Klark Teknik.
I need to get two outputs from one.
One for the line input of the audio interface for recording, and the other for the mini mixer with effects for monitoring.
This compressor has a transformer output.
How can this be done?
I would be very grateful for help.

If the output has a sturdy low impedance (the original 1176 with transformer does), you can split the signal with a simple Y cable. You'll probably want to make a cable so that you can wire it to take advantage of any balanced IO. Specifically, avoid connecting ground to ground between any of the 3 devices. Favor cold to cold, then cold to ground or ground to cold, then ground to ground.

My two devices have a balanced input.
Those. can you do it like in the picture?

Attachments

• 1176 - 2 OUTPUT.jpg
    1176 - 2 OUTPUT.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 12
Yup. If everthing is balanced, then no signal ground is involved and that makes things pretty simple.

If you get some hum, try disconnecting pin 1 on one or both of the inputs. But my guess is that what is shown in your drawing will work great.

The way I do this is with a "mult" on a patchbay.

I understand, thanks.
I hope that there will be no deterioration in sound with this inclusion.

I understand, thanks.
I hope that there will be no deterioration in sound with this inclusion.
It's very likely everything will be fine. You'd only really need to be mindful if you were feeding the output to several devices with low input impedance, such as vintage Pultecs or LA2As. In the vast majority of use cases, all will be good.

Back