UA 610 Rotary Switch Identification

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripcord

Hey All,
I'm hoping someone with more experience than me can help me identify this rotary switch. I am trying to build a single channel original ua610 using john hinsons schematic. I am fairly new to tube circuits but if I understand the schematic correctly it calls for a double pole 3 position rotary switch. Well, in my searching of the inter web I found a video showing some gut shots of Neil Young's UA 610 tube desk ......the one john said he made his drawings from. The screen shots below are of one of the channel modules showing the low frequency switch ,  and I really can't tell if that is even a double pole switch. I guess what I am trying to do is confirm that this is not a deviation from the schematic. I really don't want to even bother building a channel if the schematic has obvious errors. If someone with more knowledge than me could tell me their opinion about this switch in the picture being a double pole or not I would really appreciate it. I've already purchased a utc0-1 and some of the other components but seeing this kinda stopped me in my tracks. Sorry the pics are not more clear but its the best I could do. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-02-05-58-33.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-02-05-58-33.png
    380.8 KB · Views: 125
Heya there,
I got your personal message (thank you for sending, it was nice of you)
And it lead me here.
The schematic is absolutely correct (I would say that wouldn't I  :eek:  ) so don't give that bit a second thought.
Somewhere on here is a drawing I did of an alternate input stage and feedback arrangement which I found on a few 610's but that's the only deviation I ever saw from the full schematic I posted here.
Hope that helps?
Good luck  :)
John.

Edit:  Of course, that doesn't mean that there weren't other versions (earlier revisions) with different arrangements.
Still, follow the schematic and you should be golden.

Thank you john, I had pretty much come to the conclusion that the schematic was accurate even before your reply, That is why I sent the PM thanking you....... but it was kind of you to confirm it anyway ;D. I'm definitely going forward with the build....still just gathering up the parts. I really appreciate this forum and people of your caliber and experience that take the time to help.
                                                                                                      Chad

Latest posts

Back