Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have working contact info for Shuaiyin? The email gets bounced and the phone is dead.
Edit:NVM email worked this time, but apparently they aren't taking orders direct because "Jenny" herself redirected me to Dachman Audio.
I got the same response several months ago

Hi everyone I’m new to the forum. I’m looking to build a c12 clone and I’m looking for a kit. It looks like studio 939 is out of them. Anyone on here know where I can buy a C12 kit ?

Hi everyone I’m new to the forum. I’m looking to build a c12 clone and I’m looking for a kit. It looks like studio 939 is out of them. Anyone on here know where I can buy a C12 kit ?
Dany has C12 circuit boards, if Chunger is out of the Matador kits. You can get blank bodies with power supply from Aurycle, or get an Alctron HT-11A or equivalent for Reverb or eBay. You will have to order the components from Mouser or Digi-Key, but there are BOMs for that. Studio 939 might still have transformers, or get them from AMI or Cinemag directly. For tubes, Studio 939 has some from Christian Whitmore, or Tube Depot, *Bay, etc. For capsules, there are lots of choices, such as Studio 939, Advanced Audio, Microphone Parts, etc.

Or, if you want an entire kit, Microphone Parts has a kit which includes everything you need.

Happy building!

I bought the bodies from Dachman and while they are fine, they don't come with the cool vintage strap-style shockmounts. The mounts are the newer screw-in basket type. Also, Joshua didn't mention that the body DOESN'T COME WITH SCREWS which is annoying as hell and BS considering it cost 175. And he went as far as to say that nobody includes screws with the SYT-5 which is ridiculous. Even shitty B-stock factory-direct bodies come with enough screws to secure the hulls of a small submarine. Like at least come up with a reasonable excuse.
I know this is not a big deal, but for some reason I find it really irks me.

Last edited:
Dany has C12 circuit boards, if Chunger is out of the Matador kits. You can get blank bodies with power supply from Aurycle, or get an Alctron HT-11A or equivalent for Reverb or eBay. You will have to order the components from Mouser or Digi-Key, but there are BOMs for that. Studio 939 might still have transformers, or get them from AMI or Cinemag directly. For tubes, Studio 939 has some from Christian Whitmore, or Tube Depot, *Bay, etc. For capsules, there are lots of choices, such as Studio 939, Advanced Audio, Microphone Parts, etc.

Or, if you want an entire kit, Microphone Parts has a kit which includes everything you need.

Happy building!
AA Microphones also has transformers and capsules and a HT-11 mod kit. It's a little cheaper than Microphone-parts.com, and Dave Thomas is an all around nice guy.

What about the size and quality? Are they truly the standard SYT-5 in size and quality we are accustom to from 939?
I like them a lot, and they seem to be identical, except they have a small indent for a logo badge. I think they are three layer mesh.

Hey guys,

Anybody got news on some HT-11A bodies? I can't manage to find a place to source them at a reasonable price, at least here in Europe.

It looks like they've been unavailable for many months now...

I only need one, but is there any way to organise a group buy or something? I guess I'm not the only one that's been waiting for a while.

Cheers

hey new to this forum and looking for an syt-5 body. does anyone know where to find them? from following this thread i emailed dachman audio directly from their contact form to ask about selling me a body.

wow they just emailed me back pretty quickly... theyre selling them for $199... $50 more than studio 939... not sure whether or not to pull the trigger

I have 7 mics in SYT-5, Gen 3 bodies and even an empty one, all from 939. I also have a pair of SYT-5s from Dachman that were shipped and are due to arrive early next week. I’ll be able to compare side-by-side, in hand.

Last edited:
If a buy group is organized, I need a SYT5 or similar body.
Thanks

The SYT-5s from Dachman arrived and they’re nearly the same. I was going to take comparative pictures, but decided that’d be a waste. Instead, I’ll just describe.

Besides the already-mentioned badge indent, the bottom threading is significantly shorter and has a larger diameter; so the bottom bells and shockmounts are not interchangeable. If I was hard-pressed, I did notice the sleeve could possibly be ever-so-slightly heavier and the soldering of the grill was cleaner and not as noticeable, and rails are slightly-different. Lastly, the shockmounts are painted light-gray. I won’t mention the finish difference because each batch always seems noticeably different if comparing side-by-side.

ShuaiYin SYT-5 (U67/87 type) microphone body kit $165 - body kit includes:

body
shock mount
3 switches (pad, treble roll-off, pattern)
high quality 35mm K67 capsule
capsule mount
7 pin xlr insert
3 pin xlr insert
Hi Chunger. Is this still available? I would require excluding the capsule. Have an early u67 original capsule

I bought the bodies from Dachman and while they are fine, they don't come with the cool vintage strap-style shockmounts. The mounts are the newer screw-in basket type. Also, Joshua didn't mention that the body DOESN'T COME WITH SCREWS which is annoying as hell and BS considering it cost 175. And he went as far as to say that nobody includes screws with the SYT-5 which is ridiculous. Even shitty B-stock factory-direct bodies come with enough screws to secure the hulls of a small submarine. Like at least come up with a reasonable excuse.
I know this is not a big deal, but for some reason I find it really irks me.
Is there a good online site for high quality screws for these bodies? I have the same issue not having the screws, and my small town hardware store does not stock such small metric screws…

Is there a good online site for high quality screws for these bodies? I have the same issue not having the screws, and my small town hardware store does not stock such small metric screws…
If you're in the US, the place I go for fasteners when I need to stock my cabinets, or when I need something special is Bolt Depot. I've been buying from them for years, and they have been awesome for me.

Back