Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is Chunger working to restock? I mean his store is almost empty. Anyone have any info on this? I know China and covid has created challanges as well as Chunger getting burned from his China connect. But what’s going to happen regarding the future?

Last edited:
I have a batch of ShuaiYin 1st version SYT5 bodies that has been completed at the Chinese factory currently. There are 100 units. If people are willing to accept an increased price point on these bodies due to shipping logistics, I can have these air shipped to me immediately. These bodies use the same shock mount as the GT-2B body which I have a limited amount of in stock still (along with GT-2B body kits). If the mounts run out of stock, I am happy to sell the body kits without mount when they run out. When available, I do separate out shock mounts for individual sale as standard practice. Please comment if you want an expedited shipment of the Gen 1 SYT-5 bodies with the associated increase in price due to air freight logistics.

I am waiting for completion of the following other items from Chinese factories to combine for ocean freight. (All of these orders were placed at the same time several months ago) along with the Gen 1 bodies.

- Budget YT-5 body kits (same internal dimensions as SYT-5 but aluminum body tube and lower quality fit/finish. . . uses 21mm screw type shock mount) This order is 300 units so once received, they there should be enough stock to last quite a long time. The factory was extremely resistant to making another run of these so I had to increase my quantities for bargaining to have them re-run them.
- Budget YT-5 Shock mount
- 60mm pinch type U47 shock mounts
- M27 screw type shock mounts (GT-2B and 1st Gen SYT-5)
- Type 1, Type 2, and Type 3 headbaskets for HT-11A bodies (currently in finish/plating process mid-october finish date estimation)
- MK47 microphone body kits
- HT-11A microphone body kits
- HT-11A dual pinch type shock mounts
- Wood boxes for HT-11A bodies

I have re-established communications with a new factory contact for the facility that makes the Gen 3 bodies, so it is very likely those will be included in the next production cycle that I can start. They are also the company that makes the Type 1 and Type 2 headbaskets from the original moldings that I provided them.

The items that I do not have capacity to replace on this production cycle:

-CU49 body kit (B-stock units available currently)
-Gen 3 SYT-5 body (must re-confirm sample from factory prior to order)

Items that I do not plan to re-stock:

-Budget 47 body kit due to abysmal quality control from the supplier. Too much headache assembling the parts provided and too many rejects. about 70% of headbaskets unfit for sale.

There is no time-frame from the factories right now as to completion date of the oustanding parts, but they are in production and have been for several months.

Additional logistical note: In my last import cycle, I was hit with a 25% trade duty for Chinese imports on a large portion of the parts. This might be avoided this time around, but there is no guarantee.

Last edited:
I have a batch of ShuaiYin 1st version SYT5 bodies that has been completed at the Chinese factory currently. There are 100 units. If people are willing to accept an increased price point on these bodies due to shipping logistics, I can have these air shipped to me immediately. These bodies use the same shock mount as the GT-2B body which I have a limited amount of in stock still (along with GT-2B body kits). If the mounts run out of stock, I am happy to sell the body kits without mount when they run out. When available, I do separate out shock mounts for individual sale as standard practice. Please comment if you want an expedited shipment of the Gen 1 SYT-5 bodies with the associated increase in price due to air freight logistics.

I am waiting for completion of the following other items from Chinese factories to combine for ocean freight. (All of these orders were placed at the same time several months ago) along with the Gen 1 bodies.

- Budget YT-5 body kits (same internal dimensions as SYT-5 but aluminum body tube and lower quality fit/finish. . . uses 21mm screw type shock mount) This order is 300 units so once received, they there should be enough stock to last quite a long time. The factory was extremely resistant to making another run of these so I had to increase my quantities for bargaining to have them re-run them.
- Type 1, Type 2, and Type 3 headbaskets for HT-11A bodies (currently in finish/plating process mid-october finish date estimation)

I have re-established communications with a new factory contact for the facility that makes the Gen 3 bodies, so it is very likely those will be included in the next production cycle that I can start. They are also the company that makes the Type 1 and Type 2 headbaskets from the original moldings that I provided them.

-Budget 47 body kit due to abysmal quality control from the supplier. Too much headache assembling the parts provided and too many rejects. about 70% of headbaskets unfit for sale.

There is no time-frame from the factories right now as to completion date of the oustanding parts, but they are in production and have been for several months.

Additional logistical note: In my last import cycle, I was hit with a 25% trade duty for Chinese imports on a large portion of the parts. This might be avoided this time

Additional logistical note: In my last import cycle, I was hit with a 25% trade duty for Chinese imports on a large portion of the parts. This might be avoided this time around, but there is no guarantee.
I would buy 2 of the expedited SYT5 bodies.

Can you please list the differences between gen 1 and gen 3? Im wondering whether it’s worth the wait for gen 3. Will gen 1 work with the d-u67 pcb?

I found this old post answering my own question. However is the head basket difference significant enough to alter the tone with gen 3 more authentic ?

The headbasket meshing is different. The screw configuration for securing the headbasket to the body is different (2 screw instead of 3 screw) which is a little annoying for assembly, but not the end of the world. The base threading for shock mount is different. The Gen 3 body used an M25 threaded base, and the Gen 1 uses an M27 threaded base which shares the same shock mount as the Alctron GT-2B microphone. Otherwise, the bodies are quite similar. The internal mounting points and dimensions are the same so PCB's and kits are cross compatible.

Latest posts

Back