Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Chunger for the update. I believe people should wait on you as you have the most experience dealing with Chinese factories so there shouldn't be a group with someone else dealing with a Chinese factory. I will hold my cash and wait for your shipments to come in as im sure many other are willing to wait. But be prepare for large order from me. ;)

Chunger I'm definetly interested in shockmounts for C12/251. Also are you planning on restock the metal cups for the traffos of those bodies (HT-11A)? I purchased those items before but you ended up refunding me the money. I would be interested in those two items.
The M49 b-stock bodies, what is the quality issue with them?
How long do you think it will take you to restock the gen3 SYT5 bodies?
Thanks in advance

I'm in for two SYT-5 bodies but I'm okay with waiting a few months. If the gen 3 bodies take a very long time, I'd rather jump on the gen 1 bodies. I will wait for your rough gen 3 timeline.

I built a 67 with Dany's PCB in the Gen 1 body back in 2012. Don't think Dany made any changes so I'd say it's fair to assume the PCBs fit.

Hey I just went to the studio 939 website and read the syt-5 description there for the first time. Does anyone know if the update at the top is current? If so good news!

**Currently out of stock, but a replacement batch has been completed at the factory including marked body tubes. It will take a few weeks for consolidating with orders from other factories for ocean freight**

The update is not current. . . I had drama with my factory contact for the Gen 3 SYT5 and "lost" a complete production run of them, and am re-confirming sample quality again with a different contact on the ground at the factory.

Update on current production of parts. All currently ordered parts have been completed and I am transferring funds for final payment on the orders. Once everything can be consolidated from the various factories I have ordered from, ocean freight will be arranged for the batch. When this arrives, all microphone bodies except for the CU-49 bodies will be restocked with ample supplies to last quite a while.

Note: There are 100 cargo ships currently piled up outside the port of Los Angeles where my shipments enter the US. I anticipate significant additional delays in freight and customs clearing with the holiday season approaching.

Question: are the generation 3 headbasket meshes closer to the original Neumann mesh or simply different than generation 1 because produced in a different factory?

Hi Chung!. I need one of the metal cup traffos to finish off my 251 build. They are still listed on your site, but last time I ordered you refunded me the amount. Do you have these in stock now? just want to confirm before I repeat the previous process.

Hello All !
Since we don't have news from the YT5 budget bodies from studio, did someone know a good alternative?
Thanks

I saw a "budget alternative" to the SYT-5 called LLM87 but no info on it anywhere.. dont want to spend 200 euro on aluminium-painted PVC tubes, so holding off for the moment 😀

I saw a "budget alternative" to the SYT-5 called LLM87 but no info on it anywhere.. dont want to spend 200 euro on aluminium-painted PVC tubes, so holding off for the moment 😀
From the photos it doesn't seemed to have the high cut or the polarity options

Looks pretty much exactly the same as a mic body I picked up for cheap years ago. The main problem is the rails are too narrow to accommodate Dany's u87 boards. I've been meaning to fabricate some new rails but haven't had the time yet to make it happen.

Back