Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi @chunger!
Any word or prospective on the future of SYT-5 and other mic bodies?
I see upcoming offerings from some diy kit companies and wonder if there’s any body batch correlation?

Thank you as always!

Hello chunger!
do you have any news regarding the shipping of my order for 4x CU-49 bodies I placed the 29 april?
please let me know.
all the best,

Strange that the SYT-5 microphone bodies are 'sold out' for a long time but that Yuzu offers complete U87kits WITH a SYT-5 body, in cooperation with.... Chunger!

Strange that the SYT-5 microphone bodies are 'sold out' for a long time but that Yuzu offers complete U87kits WITH a SYT-5 body, in cooperation with.... Chunger!
I emailed shuaiy a few months back to see if I could buy SYT-5 bodies directly and, curiously, they told me that their US contact is Dachman audio and to reach out to them. I don’t believe they are willing to sell bodies only....

On that note, I would really love 4x of these if anyone has any leads! Or even just an estimate of when they may become available again.

I also am wondering what the update is on HT11A bodies with a type 3 headbasket, or even just the head basket if it’s available.

Patiently waiting.

Hope all is well Chunger!

Hi, just chiming in to clarify things here.

I've purchased the microphone bodies from ShuaiYin directly myself 2 years ago when assembling the initial kits and have no affiliation with Chunger. (Simply acknowledging Chunger for the work he's done in his build guide and for finding a company that provides suitable mic bodies)

Also, the specs for the mic body in the Yuzu kits are actually slightly different than Chunger's offering I believe.

Apologies for any confusion here!

Hi, just chiming in to clarify things here.

I've purchased the microphone bodies from ShuaiYin directly myself 2 years ago when assembling the initial kits and have no affiliation with Chunger. (Simply acknowledging Chunger for the work he's done in his build guide and for finding a company that provides suitable mic bodies)

Also, the specs for the mic body in the Yuzu kits are actually slightly different than Chunger's offering I believe.

Apologies for any confusion here!
Thanks for this!

Out of curiosity, would you be willing to sell 2-4 bodies only?
🙏🏼 Either way

Unfortunately, I can’t sell any individual parts from my kits I’m afraid. Sorry about that!
Totally understand. Thank you!

If anyone has any leads on some 67/87 style bodies, please reach out!

Edit: Got some!! Thank you!!

Last edited:
Oh sorry guys. I'm not boned up on my SYT-5 and CU-49. The only one I know on sight is the HT-11A which I've googled several times hoping to find a source. Sorry for adding noise to the convo.

My questions would then be:
How is the quality compared to Chungers Gen 3?
What is the price with shipping to U.S.?
How long does it take to ship to U.S.?

Does anyone have working contact info for Shuaiyin? The email gets bounced and the phone is dead.
Edit:NVM email worked this time, but apparently they aren't taking orders direct because "Jenny" herself redirected me to Dachman Audio.

Back