• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

***UPDATED***Clearing Space - Telefunken, Altec 9475 , Blue Lolly , Langevin...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnysparks

8/11/14: ***NEW STUFF ADDED***

Hey everybody!  Its been a while.  With 2 new youngsters entering my life I have been "taking a break" from audio DIY for several years and now with an eminent move I must accept that it is time to let go of stuff I will never get to.  Its been fun and one day I'll rejoin you I'm sure!

Pics can be posted if necessary, but I'll give preference to buyers who make life quick and easy for me :).  I'll list a few things to start with and then will keep adding as I dig through it all:

-Buyer pays shipping-

NEW STUFF!!! See link to pics below:

https://plus.google.com/photos/100396579924684609066/albums/5838136742730606625?banner=pwa

Mysterious Alien Audio Device :) -- This appears to be a 4 channel gain control unit of some sort.  The front plate says ProTech Audio 668 VCA.  It is loaded with 4 Valley People EGC101's and a bunch of small transformers.  The modules look alot like the Harrison console VCA modules.  Make offer based on the value of the EGC101's.  These are the same VCA's that are in the toggle switch Symetrix 501's.  I can (gulp) gut it and just send you the VCA's if you'd prefer.

Ampex Studio Monitors – 70's?  These are 2-way, low power, don't handle a ton of bass, but very natural and balanced to my ears.  6 or 8” driver.  Wood grain finish.  Good for alternate reference.  $30

Shure Mic Mixer – M68.  Working condition.  $20 SOLD

Bogan Mic Mixer – Model CAM G-20? Working condition.  $20

Shure “Audio Master” EQ – M63.  Really cool, low-fi EQ.  Has freq-selectable hi cut and lo cut.  Sometimes offers just the right thing for a track.  $35 ON HOLD (Did not power up)

***Suggestions for value of this setup would be much appreciated!***
Quad Eight CA727 Dual Preamp Card – Schematic Included.  Electronically the same as 2 CA27's.  Has 2 QE3440 input trannies on board.  $???  What's it worth?  I also have 2 x QE 3041 Outputs that were purchased to go with this, but I'm tempted to swap them into a PM1000 setup in 1:2 and see what I get...
Will also include 2 Alpha 50K pots needed for racking this. $??? -- Make me a fair offer and I'll decide whether or not to keep it Smile.  SOLD

I also have:

2 x QE3041 output transformers (1:1 or 1:2, and is what the CA727 commonly used for outputs). $60 / pair SOLD

2 x Original Langevin AM16 Amphenol connector (so you don't have to solder directly to the pins) $10ea

2 x JLM GoBetweens $???ea 2 SOLD...BUT I FOUND 2 MORE!

1 x Unused Parmetal 12-19123A Alodyne (Silver) 2RU rack case (new $95.00 from ParMetal). Unused, but may have some scuffs from storage. Still in plastic / paper wrapping $50 SOLD

Blue Mikey Stereo iPod Condensor mic – plugs directly into an iPod or 3G iphone.  3-position pad, swivel head.  I don't have an iphone, but I was thinking of stealing the capsules.  $30

See other stuff in pics.  I'll update later.  Gotta get the kids...

Telefunken V672/2 module - Was sold to me by fellow forumite as working.  It has leads soldered directly to the back connector.  Some pins bent but still totally workable.  I never tested but have every reason to believe it works.  $150 SOLD

Altec 9475 - Same story as above.  Soldered leads onto back connector.  No bent pins though.  Sold to me as working. $150 SOLD

Langevin AM16 - 2 available.  Confirmed working.  $175 ea SOLD

Langevin AM16 module mounting trays with connectors - $15 ea SOLD

Blue Lolly Capsule - one of the original C12 emulators.  Fits on AKG c451 bodies and several others with the right adaptor.  Comes with Blue wooden box.  $250 SOLD

AKG CK22 Omni cap for C451 mics - $150 SOLD

Behringer ECM8000 Omni pair - With cases, no clips (unless I find them - they are here SOMEWHERE!).  $65

Yamaha PM1000 Master modules without output trannies - $30!!!  These supposedly have the SAME gain stage circuit as the input channels.  So, same sound, just without the EQ (or associated noise).  I've always thought chaining 2 of these together or following an input strip with one of these with gain control / trim in between, would be a fun project.

Yamaha PM1000 Input modules (2) - these have been modded with pots in place of the green 4-button switch bank. $50 ea

Yamaha PM1000 Talkback modules (2) - These have an input and output tranny plus an xlr input on the front of module - $60ea

Yamaha PM1000 original PSU - from working board - $15 (beware, its heavy!)

Yamaha PM1000 Trannies - Outputs $30 (ALL SOLD) , Inputs: $15 (4 LEFT)

male and female XLR connectors from above.  I have lots!  Make offers.

Scully 280 modules - 2 available - Working, with all cards.  Some non-original knobs.  $150ea

Symetrix HA-10 Headphone Amplifier - 19" rack unit.  One channel works, other buzzes loudly.  Good for restoration, gut for parts, or use case.  $20

Paypal works great.  I'm in Birmingham, Al 35206.

Thanks!

-Ray

Hey everybody,

So far the AM16s + trays, Altec, and Telefunken are spoken for.  Not everything has been paid for so of anything falls through I will contact the next in the dibs line.  I'll be adding more tonight and over the weekend.

Thx!
Ray

OK, here is what is sold and paid for as of now:

-AM16's and trays
-Altec
-V672/2
-Blue Lolly
-Couple PM1K trannies (but I have plenty more)

Will be adding to the list in a few...

Hey everybody,
I am camping this weekend so if you've msgd me bear with me I will be back Sunday night and reply to everyone.  Thx!! Ray

Latest posts

Back