UREI / JBL 5306 audio mixer input transformer question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

envelope

Hello,

I have just begun a restoration of a UREI circuit from a JBL branded 5306 mixer. There are 3 UREI Cards, labelled REV A 47614, each containing two input channels. The input transformers are 9 pin,  only with the number 5902, with no other markings. I am seeking information about who may have manufactured this transformer.

Attachments

• DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 49
> The input transformers

Are made to work between a dynamic mike and a transistor amplifier.

Will work with a tube amplifier also.

Thank you, I should have specified that I was looking for manufacturing/construction information regarding the input transformer, sorry for the confusion.

An eBay auction lists this mixer and it shows the same transformer with the the number 5902 and below 7174

I have searched urei and jbl parts list to no avail.

Well,

Looking at the pdf manual on page 9 it gives the JBL part number for the transfomer as 47607.

The number printed on it may be a batch number, or an internal code for the 47607 if they took supplies from different vendors for this part...

Mark

This additional reference should help.

Does anybody know someone with direct experience with the UREI/JBL transition from that period. The service manual that I have is a UREI publication and does not have the JBL parts list reference to the the part number.

What do you need to know?

Anything else you can get from measurement- As the transformers are socketed, it's easy to pop them out and perform an input/output level test to get the ratio and a freq. sweep to find their response if you can't find any specs.

I'm sure we've covered these measurements before a few times if you look in the search!

Mark

I appreciate all of the input.

I am looking for the manufacturer. I am wondering if they were made by Altec, UTC, ADM, Hammond etc etc. Perhaps someone with direct experience with the transition may know who supplied the transformers to UREI at the time.

envelope said:
...a little subtle slap on the wrist to a new forum member?

...absolutely not!

Just not sure what data you were after and what level of knowledge you have- I've written prargraphs about certain topics for people before, only to find out this isn't what they were after!

Plus, we have an awesome level of "research" data here now- this forum goes back many years- and in fact sprung from yet another tech forum lostin the hardrives of time... it's always worth checking- the search really works- it's a feature of the board I really like.

Sorry if my post was less than welcoming- I'm in bed with gastric flu when I should be in the workshop  :(

Hope you find the data you need!!

Mark

Back