UTM INDUSTRY audio transformers - from Poland - EU

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whoops

GDIY Supporter
Hello,
in the last months I've seen the UTM audio transformers website.
It's a Polish company, it has a nice website with some good transformer offerings.
It's also great to have a transformer manufacturer inside EU now after Brexit, which made ordering from the UK being quite expensive.

https://utmindustry.com/
I would like to ask and invite member IGS, as it's his company, to introduce the company and talk a little bit about their work and experience.

I would also like to discuss some of the products.

Thanks

Last edited:
I am also interested in these TX and Inductors. Looks like the data are directly compareable to carnhills and lots of other companys. The price calculation is nearly the half of carnhills in Europe.
More professionel information and reviews through TX Experts would be really helpfull. If the quality and the availability of these TXs is convincing according to the offered price policy it could get really a hard fight for other TX companys outside the EU....😬

I tried UTM's 3503s, very good sound, quality craftmanship, and rather fast shipping! I will try their output transformer for 486 vari mu and tube input next! The shipping is still a lil too expensive at 17e for europe!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-12-02 at 18.48.34.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-12-02 at 18.48.34.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 51
IThe shipping is still a lil too expensive at 17e for europe!

Yes, the problem is that they only have the option for FedEx shipping. Those companies are unnecessary expensive, fedex, UPS, DHL and the likes.

It would be great if they have an option for Registered standard Polish Post, that would work great and be less expensive

Yes, the problem is that they only have the option for FedEx shipping. Those companies are unnecessary expensive, fedex, UPS, DHL and the likes.

It would be great if they have an option for Registered standard Polish Post, that would work great and be less expensive
One of the problems is that transformers are pretty heavy and most shipping costs are determined by weight.

Cheers

ian

One of the problems is that transformers are pretty heavy and most shipping costs are determined by weight.

Cheers

ian

Yes for sure, the costs are determined by weight, but FedDex is much more expensive than using Polish Post, in this called the company is called "Poczta Polska", Polish equivalent to the "Royal Mail"

https://emonitoring.poczta-polska.pl/?lang=en

Hello,
I've been looking through your comments here, and I appreciate your interest in my products. I would like to point out that, all the parameters like the resistance and inductance are listed on the UTM website - just check the transformer's description.
When it comes to the shipping, it isn't a problem for us to send the products via Polish Post but, it comes out only about 2€ cheaper than FedEx for a 1kg package.
If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Hello,
I've been looking through your comments here, and I appreciate your interest in my products. I would like to point out that, all the parameters like the resistance and inductance are listed on the UTM website - just check the transformer's description.
When it comes to the shipping, it isn't a problem for us to send the products via Polish Post but, it comes out only about 2€ cheaper than FedEx for a 1kg package.
If you have any further questions, please let me know.
a further question:
can you state, or publish on the UTM website, at what frequency in Hertz the impedance mesaurements were made at?

a further question:
can you state, or publish on the UTM website, at what frequency in Hertz the impedance mesaurements were made at?
The Uni-T meter we use has an auto-range function. It measures the impedance at 100Hz or 1kHz.
I'll verify these parameters right after the Christmas break.

Last edited:
How do you measure freq response. Ex UTM3515 Has primary inductance of 19 H and is -0,2 dB at 15Hz with 15K source, it dont add up for me? The source z is way lower? Otherwise you need like a 1000H

By the way I just ordered push pull trafo UTM3580👍

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back