V672X (Telefunken V672a in GDIY51X format)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anybody has any file that used it on vocals? how does this clone compares to originals?

silent art, do v672 sound more like v376 or different?

Hello guys,

I finished a few days ago my firtst "Silent Arts" building . Very easy to assembly this pre is the first one in my 51x setup and I am not disapointed at all. Full bodied and rich sound .
Thank you Volker for your stunning work.
I experience a little issue with thte High pass FIlter. I checked and Re checked the board, made some measurements on it and I can't find what is wrong .
Th pre works fine and properly with any microphone test whatever Z Input /Output gain I choose , but as son as I engage the highpass Filter, There is some noise and as you can see a modulated carrier at extremly high frequency (+200kHz) . This happens with low Z input and low output gain ...
I tryed different levels of inputs ... my Generator can only provide 50R Out . Value of V in doesn't affect the scenario .

I did setup the unit by following Volkers and technical instructions, It worked for R26 and R37 but changing trimpot on R 29 doesn't change anything ...
Any Idea ?
Yellow signal is input, Purple is Output; AS you can see the input signal measure is also affected by this trouble ...
Thank you for your suggestions

Attachments

• IMG_8723.jpeg
    IMG_8723.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8724.jpeg
    IMG_8724.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8725.jpeg
    IMG_8725.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8726.jpeg