• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Valve Reel Recorder - Free (collection only N London)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thermionic

Hi,

Please see attached photo of ancient reel recorder. It contains original 1960s valves (EL34 and others). It has a nice ammeter and knobs that could be pinched for other projects.

It is free if you come and pick it up in North London. Drop me  a PM. Serious picker-uppers only. Thank you!

BTW - There is also a massive 10A Zenith Variac. This is not free, but if you offer a token amount it's yours. These usually fetch £100+, but it needs to go , so any offer is likely to be accepted

20160312_214415.jpg

20160312_231049.jpg

20160312_231037.jpg

Hi Justin,

Would you allow a courier collection? If you do please mail me what your are looking for the variac.

Regards,

Cemal

Hey Rob
Why don't you hop down the m23 and find out? I'll give you a guided tour of my workshop while you're over if you like.

edit: if it's not a vortexion you have to take it, it's the law

Cemal - It is owned by a friend. Will ask him re: courier and send an email once I know.

J

Hi Justin,

Perhaps I should have been clearer. I was meaning the courier collection of the tape recorder and if it was possible then I would take the variac too. However, if Rob is closer and can collect then I am happy to step back.

thermionic said:
Hey Rob
Why don't you hop down the m23 and find out? I'll give you a guided tour of my workshop while you're over if you like.

edit: if it's not a vortexion you have to take it, it's the law
J

Thanks Justin, the guided tour sounds fun, but the machine is not for me.  I might have some diagrams for it though.  I already have too much junk here, & at other storage places.  I need to get rid of some stuff myself....

Looks like a sweet recorder for experiments, repair or maybe parts... Too bad I am not in London!

Thumbsup, free gear is not very common here !

Items still available.

I'm selling the variac for a friend, and he says he'll take £50 for it. I was wrong about the power rating: it is 8A. Primary is 240v / Output is adjustable to 270V. It's a beautiful unit, made in London.

He is also prepared to accept a courier if you pre-pay for it.

Back