Vari Mu experiments & findings and questions ???????

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary o

Hiya im messin around with the side chain part of the Altec 322 shown here

http://vacuumbrain.com/The_Lab/TA/Altec/altec_322_compressor.pdf

Ive breadboarded the side chain of the Altec and im connecting it to my DIY BA6A
with the Altec 322 side chain connected When I sing a long loud note it limits the meter shows the reduction as usual ..but if I hold the note still loud the the gain reduction rises back to usual no limiting level { I hope im explaining this right so you can understand} if i sing something different the gain reduction works again.

The BA6A would just hold the level down for as long as the note was loud enough.....all day if you can breath thru yr ears

Is this a program dependant thing going on, iv been wondering what the 6SN7 is doing inthe circuit was told its a buffer to take the load off the Altecs output which makes sense ....but is it doing something else ?????

Im also experimenting with Trimax A30 and GE BA 5A side chains
I read that the Trimax has some sort of program dependant thing going on to do with 1 of its 6SN7 tubes

heres a link

I know the BA6A has a more simple daul time constenant program thing too

I will do some recording tests

Im about too add 2 6J5s in the BAs feed back path to see if I can control the gain from there using yet another side chain .....should be fun

Thanks for reading..............................Gary O.

Latest posts

Back