• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Various parts and gear (updated 12-20) have a look before ebay.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowie

Though several items have sold here, I've been getting a lot more money on ebay so take a look before they head over there.

Gear;
-Vintage Beyerdynamic M380 TG, foam is going (which is common) but otherwise great, $350.
-Hairball 1176 rev D/blackface. Completed, calibrated, beautiful. $725 (only $130 more than the parts kit!).
-Roland RE-201
-AKG Phantom Power
-Oktava MC-012, good condition with cardioid capsule and metal clip mount, $110.-SOLD-
Soundelux mic -SOLD-
-Pair AKG C414 BULS in original boxes and w/ custom wood box, mounts, close serials, one has basket issue, $675/pair (on hold for Neeno, pending sale). SOLD

Parts;
-UTC shields for ouncers (O-12, etc), 2 available, $18ea.-SOLD-
-Super-rare Triad HS-29, original Pultec interstage, hate to sell but I've had it 2 years and haven't used it yet.  $380. -SOLD-
-Reason amp. SOLD
-Triad R4A, original LA-2A power transformers, I have 2ea.  $75ea.
-DBX Gold Can VCA pair for SSL4k, great shape.  $130 for the pair. -SOLD-
-Nordstrand NJ4SE, high-end jazz bass pickups.
-Warwick bass pot (from Thumb) that gives vol, pan, etc to active pickups.  $25.
-Indeed/Little Bear tube Headphone amp for repair $15.
-Sprague Vitamin Q and other PIO caps.  .022,  .047,  .1 and .47uf.  $5ea.
-"Silent" PC fans, NoiseBlocker, New in box, fantastic for studio use!!  $17ea.

I'll be adding a lot of other stuff as it comes to mind and will be happy to provide pics and descriptions on request.
Potential trades include;
-KM184 Neumann and other high-end SDC mics
-U67 parts or full mic.
- AMI BV11
-Neumann capsules.

EDIT; -------414s SOLD-----
Lots of interest in the 414s so here's some pics.  I mentioned the serials being close, after checking they are 2 years apart (93' and 95'), though the packaging is the same down to the included literature.  The wood box is one I custom made for these with soft polyfoam and lint-free satin.  Took quite a while but was worth the effort as they are snug and safe.  As in all mics of this age, the original foam in the plastic boxes is getting old and linty, which is why I made the custom box.  Each mic has;
-original box
-AKG clip-mount (forgot to include in pics).
-brass adapter
-original paperwork including freq response charts (which are not identical).
-windscreen (1 is down to just the plastic ring).
And, the wood box is included for the pair.

Issues;
-I checked both for noise at extreme gain and found no noise issues.
-One mic has the high-pass switch snapped.  This is common.  You can use a toothpick or fix it.  The mic is otherwise in good, used shape for a 20 year old mic.
-The other mic has the headbasket brace snapped (see 3rd pic).  This sometimes happens in 414s and I don't know the prescribed fix for this but previous owner had taped it (which I removed).  I have black Gorilla tape if you want a quick fix.  I was considering making a bracket to go over the top but decided to sell these at a discount since I already have a 1970s 414 and haven't been using these.  The baskets themselves are in good shape and the break looks clean so maybe you can JB weld it?  Tape seems to work fine though.
-The diaphragms have a normal amount of dust for working mics (same as any 20 to 30 year old AKG or Neumann I've ever owned).  Nothing that would diminish the sound quality, IMO.  Most of it is lint from the original foam crumbling in the last few years (not spit) so it should be easy to remove.  I have an expensive hair brush I can use if you want me to give them a quick cleaning, though they should be fine as is.  These came from a church and were mostly drum overheads so they have not been exposed to smoke, rapper spit, etc.

I believe okgb was first, then Neeno and so on.  I'll let each have a day to decide if they want to make the purchase, then I'll offer it to the next in line (I've had several PMs about these so sorry if the order is not clear).  As you can see, there's a lot of "stuff" included here so expect shipping costs to reflect a good sized box.  I am happy to ship internationally though.
Thanks.

IMAG2992_zps5sbuihda.jpg

IMAG2993_zpsmhfiflul.jpg

IMAG2995_zpsoruv4ufq.jpg

Thank you for the time to consider it , I have one that is ser 36797 no chart
last two digits are the year ?

okgb said:
Thank you for the time to consider it , I have one that is ser 36797 no chart
last two digits are the year ?
I'm pretty sure they don't because the two I have here do not have the date in the last two of the serial.

Full disclosure; I found myself in a situation here.  Though  you (Okgb) were offered the mics first, it's been about a day since uploading the pics and I thought you might no longer be interested so I sent a PM to Neeno, offering them to him next.  That must have been the same time that you were posting the above.  If you both want them I'll have to figure out what to do but if either of you aren't sure or decide to pass, please let me know. 

EDIT; it's been another day so since Neeno has still expressed interest in the mics, the 414s are his pending payment.

I don't think we're quite in sync ,  for timelines or where they start but that's o.k.
I have to be careful not to spend money, thanks for the consideration.

okgb said:
I don't think we're quite in sync ,  for timelines or where they start but that's o.k.
I have to be careful not to spend money, thanks for the consideration.
Ok, I wanted to make sure you weren't getting snubbed.  Thanks for following up.  :)

List updated with new items.  More to come.  414s still unpaid but on hold for a couple more days. SOLD

Hi, i.m in for the 2 ut ce O12 Howard MuchMusic all included ( shopping and paypal ?)
Jean Pierre from France
Regards

janps said:
Hi, i.m in for the 2 ut ce O12 Howard MuchMusic all included ( shopping and paypal ?)
Jean Pierre from France
Regards
Hi, I'm not clear on all of that but I believe you may have mistaken the UTC shields (which fit an O-12) for the actual transformers.  I'm only selling the shield covers and they do not include shipping.  Thank you for asking.

Most sold.  Giving one last bump before I list the remaining items on ebay.

Bowie said:
Though several items have sold here, I've been getting a lot more money on ebay so take a look before they head over there.

Gear;
-Vintage Beyerdynamic M380 TG, foam is going (which is common) but otherwise great, $350.
-Hairball 1176 rev D/blackface. Completed, calibrated, beautiful. $725 (only $130 more than the parts kit!).
-Roland RE-201
-AKG Phantom Power
-Oktava MC-012, good condition with cardioid capsule and metal clip mount, $110.-SOLD-
Soundelux mic -SOLD-
-Pair AKG C414 BULS in original boxes and w/ custom wood box, mounts, close serials, one has basket issue, $675/pair (on hold for Neeno, pending sale). SOLD

Parts;
-UTC shields for ouncers (O-12, etc), 2 available, $18ea.-SOLD-
-Super-rare Triad HS-29, original Pultec interstage, hate to sell but I've had it 2 years and haven't used it yet.  $380. -SOLD-
-Reason amp. SOLD
-Triad R4A, original LA-2A power transformers, I have 2ea.  $75ea.
-DBX Gold Can VCA pair for SSL4k, great shape.  $130 for the pair. -SOLD-
-Nordstrand NJ4SE, high-end jazz bass pickups.
-Warwick bass pot (from Thumb) that gives vol, pan, etc to active pickups.  $25.
-Indeed/Little Bear tube Headphone amp for repair $15.
-Sprague Vitamin Q and other PIO caps.  .022,  .047,  .1 and .47uf.  $5ea.
-"Silent" PC fans, NoiseBlocker, New in box, fantastic for studio use!!  $17ea.

I'll be adding a lot of other stuff as it comes to mind and will be happy to provide pics and descriptions on request.
Potential trades include;
-KM184 Neumann and other high-end SDC mics
-U67 parts or full mic.
- AMI BV11
-Neumann capsules.
Hi Bowie I know this a super old post but did you ever sell your Triad R4a's?

Thanks,

Mike

Latest posts

Back