Vintage Tube & Vintage FET Microphone PCB Kit For DIY & New D7 Custom Capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there,  want to try to build a C-12 style Tube mic.  Do you have a complete kit?  I am new to mic and built two 2 mic from Microphone Parts.com.  They have the C-12 tube mic but all sold out. 
Thanks

Hi Dan,
I´d like to build a U47 but dont know which circuit to choose from the two you have available. How do they differ sound wise? Is one circuit more true to the original (sound wise)?

Will the pcb fit inside a 60mm body?

I´m thinking of getting this:

https://www.micandmod.com/microphone-kits/u47-microphone-black-body-kit.html

The capsule will be a Beezneez M7, trafo Beezneez BV08 though I´m not sure that will fit?

Thanks,
Mats

Dan-

Just received U48 body. Looks amazing. Best reproduction body I've seen. Time from order to receipt plus customer service has been incredible. I'll post pictures of build once I get going.

Thanks,

Brian

Elam D-251 PCBS are back in Stock ,
Best,
DAn,<

Hey Dany, when do you anticipate fet47 pcb, and styroflex parts back in stock. I tried to order a pair and it stated out of stock. also do you sell the m7 mounts separately? I've got a Lomo 19a9 m7 I'm thinking of trying in this, along with an EAB Telefunken 10:1 transformer.

duantro said:
Hey Dany, when do you anticipate fet47 pcb, and styroflex parts back in stock. I tried to order a pair and it stated out of stock. also do you sell the m7 mounts separately? I've got a Lomo 19a9 m7 I'm thinking of trying in this, along with an EAB Telefunken 10:1 transformer.

Yes it is in Stock i fixed it in the webstore
regarding the mounts yes separately is possible ,
best,
Dan,

poctop said:
sent ya a PM for details
best,
Dan,

Hi, Dan,

I'm looking to build a pair of your D47FETs with the round PCBs. I plan on using the AMI T47 transformers. Will I need the transformer PCBs to go along with it?

Thanks!

Paul

EDIT: The T47 is the wrong transformer. The correct on from AMI has PCB pins. This post never happened....

poctop said:
best,
Dan,

Hi, Dan,

I also just tried to order two sets of the round D47FET with caps and I received the same "out of stock" message. I would like purchase these if they are indeed back in stock.

Thanks!

Paul

Potato Cakes said:
Hi, Dan,

I also just tried to order two sets of the round D47FET with caps and I received the same "out of stock" message. I would like purchase these if they are indeed back in stock.

Thanks!

Paul

Unfortunately , these are out of stock at the moment ,  not sure if they will return as they were not enough demand on this one ,
as donor body for this geometry is not popular.
Best,
Dan,

Potato Cakes said:
Copy that.

I'll ask around to see if anyone has any spares. I have two of the bodies for these currently on order.

Thanks!

Paul

What body is that ?
Best,
Dan,

You might double check with Spencer, but I have two he’s making also, and I was under the impression that they were square pcb fit. I think the round pcb was for a 3 rail frame.

I just double checked my emails. Apparently he says it will accommodate both PCB styles. I'm still going to see about getting the round version as I like the layout better and it for me mounted the transformer would be easier.

Thanks!

Paul

I have 1 D-47/48 Mic Body Kit in stock Left ,  :eek:
Best,
Dan,

earlfsmith said:
are you going to have more make after the one is sold?

likely , but there will be a wait time for the next batch . :p
Best,
dAn,

Latest posts

Back