Vintage Tube & Vintage FET Microphone PCB Kit For DIY & New D7 Custom Capsule

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Dany, Any plans on doing another batch of M49 PCB's? I finally got my D-EF47 up and running last month... wow, what a mic. I fancy a go at a couple of M49's next, the bug has bitten!
Many thanks,
Richard

EDIT: Ah, I see it's to do with the styroflex caps which must be out of stock, not the PCB's.. No worries!

There is the Good News ,  thanks to Santas

Central Semi has decided to offer the 3819 again to the public ,
this is a vey nice part with very low  and constant idss,

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Central-Semiconductor/2N3819?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvDjfggS9kWsemihYCU8ViWI4XW6jNH1TQ%3D&fbclid=IwAR1-t4Mv7WQsacaZQu0-5OnFibjxhvSgloRcVHNHphBYJuSfymQfl2Pw15c

TLRT said:
The capsule has very good mid-forward sound, the overall tone is absolutely comparable to our original vf14 equipped U48,however it lack some bass "growl",but I made only EF800 clones yet - which is a different design than the original. Will prepare some proper tests soon.

So, I am finally in the assembly process. I am doing a u48/VF14 circuit. By looking at the u48 schematic, it would appear as if the H+ is supplied through R4 and "tied/proportional" to B+. I have completed 4 EF800 mics and PSUs. For those models There was a trimmable H+ through its own conductor from the PSU. This appears not to be the case for the VF14 circuit. I am using a D-EF47 PSU pcb. I assume I just build it, as is, and only use the B+, ignoring the H+ section for now. I'm looking for some confirmation before diving in...

Attachments

• layout__D48_VF14.jpg
    layout__D48_VF14.jpg
    744.2 KB · Views: 79
...not only was that an incomplete schematic, but this is not the appropriate thread for the information I seek. Once I am on the right track, I will start a u48 build thread. I cannot seem to find one, otherwise.

Attachments

• schematic_D-48_VF14.jpg
    schematic_D-48_VF14.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 92
iturnknobs said:
...not only was that an incomplete schematic, but this is not the appropriate thread for the information I seek. Once I am on the right track, I will start a u48 build thread. I cannot seem to find one, otherwise.

Please do. Don't wait, just start the thread with what you know now and the qustions you have but call it a build thread U48 with Dany's boards. I built mine with a modified divider for the capsule bias voltage and would like to compare notes. I haven't yet tested my mic as I'm waiting on my transformer.

All PCB are back in stock on the web store,
Best,
Dan,

Hi All,  things have been pretty hectic lately ,
but all pcb model should be in stock in 2 weeks time ,  i had a lot of request for the EF47 so there will be available soon ,
thanks for your patience ,
Best,
Dan,

Hi Dany. Jimi Ray here. I tried to order a full set of D-U47FET ROUND PCB's (with the transformer mount board). Went to check out and PayPal responded that they were out of stock. Any chance of getting some more in?

Latest posts

Back