Vintage Windings transformers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bancho

Recently I found on ebay recreations of the Pultec eqp-1a transformers (HS-56, the others to come), made by Vintage Windings. Does anybody know anything about these? Tried them out?

Never the Triad copies (though I've also been curious!) but I can definitely vouch for the inductors. I've built 2x EQP1A and 2x MEQ-5 with Vintage Windings inductors all 'round, and couldn't be happier with them

What transformers did you use for the MEQ-5?
Sowters. They worked fine!

I've got a third MEQ-5 chassis sitting here that I'll get around to putting together for my home studio. I may grab an old HS-66 to use for the input; not sure what I'll do for the interstage, but I'm open-minded.

Cinemag can also make quite a few things that aren't listed on their web site, so I may look there if I can't find too many good options for the output

I've got a Vintage Windings HS-50 (brand new product) on the way to me for an MEQ-5 build. I'll let you know how it works out once I manage to find the elusive 2k5 reverse audio pot...

If you buy something, he may send you a giant zip file full of amazing documentation from the 20th century about transformers and winding, etc.

At least he used to

Latest posts

Back