VOX JAGUAR ORGAN, volume pot works only on bass section?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andybaker28

Hi everyone, I am trying to restore my old VOX Jaguar and have made some good progress. Fixed all the notes now as well as revived the power supply. After my work though I have developed a new problem that I cannot figure out. When adjusting the volume pot, only the bass section is effected. This was not the case before I did my work to it! So I am not sure what I might have done to it. I do not see any loose wires and everything seems in place, so I do not know where to start. The right hand section of the organ is always at full volume now, and I feel the whole volume of the organ is lower than it was before my repair. So far my only work was changing out the the 1000uf cap in the power supply and all the ones on the C Board as well as the one under the switches and the two just next to the card connectors. Also a light bulb was changed. I had 3 cards that I worked on the divider sections and got them back up, just got no volume control on the treble section and volume seems lower? Any suggestions? Thanks much!

Andy

As far as I remember, this is normal behavior. I just wanted to check it on my identical GEM, unfortunately the power supply is dead again. Arrgghhh...

Attachments

• 20220215_164021.jpg
    20220215_164021.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 6
WOW! I had no idea, I got this thing partially working and so I did not use it much. I had thought the volume pot did it all! Thanks so much for letting me know!

Andy

Back