WAGO wire connectors for AC Mains

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Roth

Thought I'd seriously veer away from the complex world politics topics here...

Any electricians online here?

I've become aware of these connectors that are finding favor with Real Deal electricians, vs. wire nuts. This particular version is for three conductors (but WAGO has other size variations):

https://www.wago.com/us/wire-splicing-connectors/compact-splicing-connector/p/221-413
UL listed for wire sizes 24 to 12 AWG in solid, stranded (that would be installation wire type stranded THHN, etc), or "fine stranded" (which would be things like light fixture pigtails).

Comments?

Bri

These connectors are absolutely standard here for AC mains in wall wiring . The company name is used synonymously for this connector class. Similar to "google" for web search. AFAIK solid wire only.

Oh these things are great, I've used them a lot.

I remember using them when I had to figure out a Chinese DMX lighting system without proper instructions.
I had to do a lot of wire swapping to get it to work.... also, these lights came with a stranded cable, the mains fixture on the tower using all solid wire.

Once it all worked I epoxy'd the whole damn thing.

I've got some of those miniture versions in my drawer, great for tube prototyping, clip, clip, clip... poof !

I am licensed E1 Master Electrician, State of Connecticut, USA, 40 years in the trade. As stated above, these are used in all kinds of lighting. I would never use these in a junction box to make power splices. YMMV.

Back