Wanted documentation for Rion NA-09 sound level meter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

Took a trip down to an electronics recycling centre yesterday to dump a few bits , picked up a Rion NA-09 meter , just wondering if anyone has the documentation on this device .

The VU meter is also sticky , tends to get stuck either at the upper or lower end of the scale , any ideas on freeing it up welcome . Ive emailed the manufacturer to try and get the schematic/manual . Seems like a good quality gold plated membrane in the capsule , might be usable for recording even if the meter doesnt work .

I managed to free up the vu meter by adjusting the pivot bearing , less than a quarter turn out was sufficient to stop it from binding , I have audio at the output , but still no deflection on the meter . 4mm bananna plugs for output signal , I'll rig up a cable tomorrow and give it a listen . It doesnt have the hefty build quality of the Bruel &Kjaer 2203 ,but it is still a high quality instrument , runs off a single 1.5v A cell .

Attachments

• Rion.jpg
    Rion.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back