• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Jensen JT-123-S or -H transformers, old Jensen datasheets

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skidmorebay

Looking for these older, steel-core Jensen output transformers. Also, do anyone have datasheets for the JE-123-C or -A transformers?
thanks,
Justin

I have this handwritten note on the JE-123-A - seems to be the same handwriting as for the 123-S datasheet (also below, for reference). I love these old Jensen quadfilars, they're absolutely my output transformer of choice where possible. The "A" is physically quite a bit larger than the "S", though I don't have exact measurements.
Jensen JE-123-A.jpg

Jensen JE-123-S datasheet.png

I have a couple JE 123S transformers. Let me know what you're looking to pay for them and location. . . .

Thanks for the replies! I guess I had notifications turned off for this thread, so I am just seeing these now. Awesome to have the datasheet, too. I think that may be Deane Jensen's handwriting...
I'll message each of you that have some transformers to sell.

I have this handwritten note on the JE-123-A - seems to be the same handwriting as for the 123-S datasheet (also below, for reference). I love these old Jensen quadfilars, they're absolutely my output transformer of choice where possible. The "A" is physically quite a bit larger than the "S", though I don't have exact measurements.
View attachment 85539

View attachment 85540
Thanks, this is really helpful. I wish Jensen had an archive of these online.

And the A, B, C, D, E, or F in the suffix refers to the core stack size, with A being the largest and F the smallest physical dimensions.
I wonder what JE and JT could stand for (just jensen-engineering, jensen-transformer, like this?), or the change could make any difference in sound or features?

Last edited:
Prior to his suicide in 1989, Deane's transformer designs were fabricated by Reichenbach Engineering and had a JE model prefix. There were ongoing financial and quality control problems - and no written contract - with Reichenbach. These were major factors in the suicide. He left the company to me in his will and I contracted fabrication with Jackson Engineering, changing to a JT model prefix. Low frequency performance (a function of design and core material) were unaffected, but unit-to-unit consistency (a function of winding uniformity) significantly improved.

Yes, that is Deane's handwriting on those early data sheets. One of the things I did in the early 90's was to standardize and expand on the transformer data sheets. Somewhere I have files of all those early data sheets. If I ever get my website up and running, I'll post them all ... but don't hold your breath!

Back