• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted - WTB Neve BA183 card

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffeeman

Hi all, I am looking for a Neve BA183 card - it does not necessary have to have the 2N3055 in it because I need it for a Neve 1276 where the 2N3055's are mounted off the card (and I have them already) ... and the card is only half full because it is a line amp. Please send me a pm if you have one for sale.
Thanks.
Craig

Hello Craig,
the BA183 circuit is the same ad the BA283, the 183 being an earlier pcb layout.

Why don't you just get a BA283 pcb (readily available) and fill half the components?
it's easy enough to do and problem solved

I have 2x BA183 original boards at the moment from a project I'm servicing, if you want to do a self etch of the BA183 I can scan the pcb traces and take measurements, it's really easy to home etch.

But I don't see the point as the circuit is the same as the BA283, so there's no advantages and its much more work

Hi Whoops, thanks for your feedback and yes in the end I will probably end up trying to get my hands on a couple of BA283 boards ... but I actually wanted to try and find an original neve BA183 board to go with my other Neve 1276 which has the original BA183 board inside. I will see what I can get out there ... perhaps its better to put in two clone BA283's and then sell the original BA183 which I have. Anyway thanks for your feedback.

I have this original NEVE card in my spares collection. it might not be worth the cost of shipping from canada to italia but if you PM your address I can look into it.

Attachments

• DSC00178.jpg
    DSC00178.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 18
Hi Whoops, thanks for your feedback and yes in the end I will probably end up trying to get my hands on a couple of BA283 boards ... but I actually wanted to try and find an original neve BA183 board to go with my other Neve 1276 which has the original BA183 board inside. I will see what I can get out there ... perhaps its better to put in two clone BA283's and then sell the original BA183 which I have. Anyway thanks for your feedback.
Here is a source for bare BA-283 PCBs. They cost USD $14.95 (12.616 Euros) and there are currently 29 in-stock:

https://analogclassics.com/product/neve-ba283-board-clone/
1630515485316.png
/

Thanks to all and yes I have already bought some BA283's as well for another project from both AVDAudio and Analogue Classics. I also bought the BA183 which I need for a specific project.

Thanks to you all.

Latest posts

Back