Waterslide Decals?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ

GDIY Supporter
Is Lazertran still the best?
Inkjet or Lazer?
Best printer?
Alternatives?

been out of the label loop for a while, just wondering what everybody uses nowadays, thanks for any help!

I have always used laser, because that is what I had…less fussy than inkjet. But there are some amazing inkjet designs out there if you have the aptitude.

Hazy recollection that may or may not be true is make a mirror image of the decal, apply it with ink side laying against cabinet, use heat gun to carefully burn off backing while having ink burn into painted cabinet , thus avoiding the visible backing and almost achieving silk screen results, anybody else remember this or do I need to put the black tar pipe down for a 30 day outpatient rehab?

I remember doing this with water slide decals (baking with a heat gun). It’s a finicky procedure, but it sort of worked for me at the time.
Durability of the print was not very good. But this may be because of the paint, idk

I have a buddy whos a luthier .
A few times he's replaced headstock decals after refinishing or when it was scrubbbed off or peeled.
Just lately he had to do that with an old Ibanez , the issue was the make up of the decal itself lends itself to particular paint formulations , one designed for modern water based laquers will most likely bubble up and melt if nitro cellulose is applied ,
the other issue he had lately was the backing was visible .
Looks like he'll be striping back the Ibanez and having another go off it .
He did also make a strat neck one time and at the customers insistance applied the correct fender logo for that era of neck , the customer supplied the decals in that case , it was indistinguishable from the real thing .

Regarding long term habitual hitting of the bong , Ive found it a good thing to lay off puffin the stuff a few days in the week , its allows the synapses clear out the THC overload and the good buzz we want is restored .
I did recently hear of someone who worked from home right through lock down , smoking heavily every day , once lock down finished he needed to take a business trip , a few days without a joint and the guy went into some sort of melt down . As I get towards the end of a bag I taper down the amount I add to the joint . Maybe you can try this method CJ , be handy to save yourself the cost of visiting the hospital and lost earnings .
I have smoked heavily for prolonged periods in the past and yes withdrawing from THC/CBD input cold turkey can have unpredictable results , thats why I evolved the few days on few days off method .
There are many of my friends caught up in addiction , the ones who fared better typically found safer addictions , like work or even religion . Im one of the lucky ones who can moderate my intake , too many of my musician friends fell foul of the drink and scripted meds . Good luck and be well .

Hazy recollection that may or may not be true is make a mirror image of the decal, apply it with ink side laying against cabinet, use heat gun to carefully burn off backing while having ink burn into painted cabinet , thus avoiding the visible backing and almost achieving silk screen results, anybody else remember this or do I need to put the black tar pipe down for a 30 day outpatient rehab?
too hazy my man, laser printer is required
you are conflating processes, that ink transfer off carrier paper is an even more fickle way to do it, it needs special paper too; I was never able to make magazine paper or whatever work well

the iron-on lazer paper for doing t-shirts can trick out your box like an iggy stooge concert tee. it is hard to get the heat even to make transfer but leaves a durable label when it works

my experience is from 10+ years ago; that custom dry-rub might be the hot setup now

Latest posts

Back