Well, I went and done did it...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Consul

This last day has been an inspiration to me!

I have negotiated space where I can solder and build projects for my studio. (For those not in the know, I'm currently staying with a friend of mine for minimal money until my house sells.)

And today marks a first for me here with Tech Talk...

I just participated in my very first group order!

I just sent a money order to fallout for four Melcor 1731 PCBs. Okay, so it's nothing fancy, but I thought a having a couple API-style mic pres in the rack would be pretty cool, since they look fairly easy to build.

I'm not a virgin anymore! :green: :green: :thumb: :guinness:

wait a minute, you've been posting this whole time, and haven't been secretly amassing a pile of bits and bobs to solder into a fine mess of audio heaven?

I'm shocked! :shock: :grin:

Good luck with your first project!!

ju

Well, I discovered Tech Talk, was just about ready to begin, then I lost my job.

Eight months later, I finally got another, but it's in a town 4.5 hours away, so I have to sell my house, which is not selling. I'm only just now catching up on 8 months worth of bills.

I am, however, ready to begin now. I've waited long enough.

EDIT: In a way, I'm glad I did wait. I learned so much in the past year that I now know how to more intelligently go about building my studio.

Go for it Consul!

Yea, you'll be super-hooked in no time...

I thought the state we're all in over DIY projects would've put you off??

:green:

Good luck with your project!

Mark

Yes, it's true what they say, can't stop it. Information rushes through your brain. Working on project 1 & 2, planning 3,4 & 5, can't stop. Step drils, Lazertran, round hole punches: what are these things laying around my living room? Start buying large quntities electr. parts, you will need them.....

It is addictive, I have 2 sets of SSL boards built, but haven't drilled and Lazertran'd the cases yet, but last week I found Ken Stones Catgirl synthesiser site, and I have ordered a bunck of boards from him, his prices are amazing, so I am well on the way to having a pile of half finished stuff on the bench.

I feel like a mechanic who drives a broken car - I spend all day repairing other folks synthesisers and studio gear, and come home too tired to use my own studio or fix my own stuff...

Back