What have you Built Recently

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm currently doing research on my next project, which will be a plate reverb. Online Metals is only 24 miles down the highway from me, so their significant shipping costs can be avoided. I'm pretty decent with my welding rig and fab skills ( I build and mod a few of the old z31 300zx from time to time and keep a 500+ hp in the garage). The electronics is where I get tied up. I have too many ideas about this...tube, solid state. I love the unforgiving honesty of FETs, but I love the beautiful lies of the tube, lol.

I'm currently doing research on my next project, which will be a plate reverb. Online Metals is only 24 miles down the highway from me, so their significant shipping costs can be avoided. I'm pretty decent with my welding rig and fab skills ( I build and mod a few of the old z31 300zx from time to time and keep a 500+ hp in the garage). The electronics is where I get tied up. I have too many ideas about this...tube, solid state. I love the unforgiving honesty of FETs, but I love the beautiful lies of the tube, lol.

I've been wanting to build a Plate Reverb for years, unfortunately I never seem to find time to do it.
I have quite a lot on docs on the subject so if you want me to share what I have with you, send me a PM, maybe we could also exchange some docs

Check out this video of a beautiful Plate reverb built by an high school kid:

I've been wanting to build a Plate Reverb for years, unfortunately I never seem to find time to do it.
I have quite a lot on docs on the subject so if you want me to share what I have with you, send me a PM, maybe we could also exchange some docs

Will do. And I'm thinking 48"x36" 24ga carbon steel with 1.5" square tubing. It's going to be fun. I should have most if not all the materials by next week or the week after. Of course, I will start a thread and update it accordingly.

Last edited:

VERY cool!!! He kinda reminds "me of me" when I was young....but I tinkered with electronics.

Bri

Online Metals! A great resource!

A dozen+ years ago ago, I needed a source to replace a copper bus bar in an Amek 9098 desk. Long story, but the bar apparently had been stripped out by "scrappers" who were part of the "friends" of the original hip-hop studio owners. LOOONG story.

Anyway, Online Metals had the 1/2" copper bar stock. Not cheap, but a solution. We had to drill many holes, etc. but the desk ...."It's Alive!"

Bri

Latest posts

Back