What is it? Soundelux prototype? DIY With Random Badge?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubSpec

Untalented lurker
GDIY Supporter
This came in the mail today with a bundle of other mics (all others being crap), and was what I bought the bundle for. No info from seller, only my mind and imagination (and the whole entire internet) to figure it out.

So, it is seemingly one of two things.
1. A Soundelux prototype (wishful thinking probably)
2. A DIY project that someone slapped a SDX badge on

While I would have liked to believe the first, the bundle also included a totally stock MXL 2003 with a SDX badge on it. So it seems someone had some badges and was randomly throwing them on things :/

Regardless, no PSU, but at a glance it seems like decent components. It's using a JAN 6205 and AA BV8. Later I'll try and work out the circuit to the best of my ability, but if anyone has some ideas on it that definitely helps.

The closest I could find on commercial products is the Groove Tubes GT67. Same basic body, but this one differs enough to not be that exactly, and further it appears to not be a commercial production body given the roughly cut notch for the switch (of which there isn't one) in the back and lack of markings. But the GT67 did use a 6205.

1.jpg2.jpg
3.jpg4.jpg

@SubSpec
Is the capsule model with the pink ring? Also put pictures of the side/back of the capsule. They look similar to those in Studio Projects.
In the M-audio Nova headbasket, the capsule is too low with the stock stand, I had to raise it a bit higher for more accurate mid-highs.

Attachments

• ed7d3efa6cv67nE2oLG1J4JVTBMarJfDJBokTDnQ (1)_1718916865516.jpg
    ed7d3efa6cv67nE2oLG1J4JVTBMarJfDJBokTDnQ (1)_1718916865516.jpg
    872.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
@SubSpec
Is the capsule model with the pink ring? Also put pictures of the side/back of the capsule. They look similar to those in Studio Projects.
In the M-audio Nova headbasket, the capsule is too low with the stock stand, I had to raise it a bit higher for more accurate mid-highs.
Yes, it is a pink ring. The white balance is a mess in the original pics, here's a couple tweaked to reflect the actual colors.

1.jpg2.jpg

Back