what is the aes pinout on the apogee DA-12?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electric

hi all,
i am having a heckuva time trying to get a straight answer about the digital AES db25 pinout on the apogee DA12 . According to the Apogee website

http://www.apogeedigital.com/pdf/da12_usersguide.pdf

the AES pinout adheres to the Tascam pinout like the analog output listed above. So i had a custom snake cable made for it. well once connected the da12 doesnt seem to be working. (however, i bought the unit used and am yet to confirm the DA12 works...you know ebay :wink: ) so i dont know if its a dead unit or wrong pinout in snake. my gut says its the cable.

ok, after doing some research it looks like apogee has pretty much always used TASCAM pinout for the analog db25 IO and YAMAHA pinout for their AES/EBU db25 pinouts. (like on my da16/ad16 etc). therefore it seems to me this manual is probably wrong. i called up apogee tech support and they agreed with me that the manual listed above is probably wrong but couldnt give me a definitive answer. now i have already had this stupid cable modded twice and shipped several times(its like a $150 cable by now). i want the third time to be the last, therefore....

can anyone please confirm to me if the AES db25 pinout on the Apogee DA12 is TASCAM or YAMAHA standard? it would give me greatest confidence if its confirmed by someone who has one in their rack.

cheers,
electric

Back