What price for used Klark Teknik KT2a , KT76 and EQP

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

Just wondering what people are seeing these units going for on the second hand market , Ive seen them go for as low as 150 euros in local small adds .
My guess is plenty of people bought these during lockdown then ended up not getting the use out of them , also some negative reviews helped sink the secondhand value even more ,

That may well be ,but If I can find it used and it hasnt been tampered with for half price I'll take two instead !

That may well be ,but If I can find it used and it hasnt been tampered with for half price I'll take two instead !
KT2A are very hard to get new at the moment, this also has an impact on the used price, at least here in Germany. A while ago you could get them used for 280€, now you pay almost the list price of 399€. If they continue to be unavailable, the price will go above the list price, which often happens with sought-after Behringer devices that are sold out.

KT76. I myself have already bought one used for 140€ in virtually new condition. But the times are also over, since the list price, like everything else, has increased noticeably. Now the go here for about 200 euro bugs with a rising trend. Clear buy recommendation before they become even more expensive...

EQP I do not have on my screen, I can not say anything.

Thanks Rock,
I did also notice the KT2a's list price had gone up to around 400 at this stage ,but there are availabillity issues .
looks like I should probably snap up any bargains on these units I can find.

the LA2A-clones are no longer legal to sell in the EU (the CdS photocell problem), so the KT2A is probably not coming back..
I just called Musicstore Germany out of curiosity and they have heard nothing about the CdS problem and assume that they have enough devices on sale again from 28.12.2022. They say: "If there were legal problems, then the device would be marked as discontinued."

If there would be delays, then this would be due to the general supply situation of electronic components. This is not unlikely in this case, according to the seller of Musicstore, because it also affects many other, similar devices.

Very interested to know: Are they saying that they do not know about the problem, or that KlarkTeknik has found a magical solution to the problem?
I'm just saying that the distributor guy at Musicstore is not aware of this problem. I can't speak for Uli but I think he's just taking his chances again and relying on his legal department. ;)

Quality ones, either NOS (I've used a GE 5814A / 12AU7 in one of my KT2A) or good modern ones (I have used Tung Sol). Not so easy to get now and problematic, since many tubes are made in Russia...

Equally important are the 3 signal path caps, the unbranded ones used by Behringer do not sound good.

And, of course, the T4B. I've tried Kenetec and IGS, both are great, with the former being closer to the real LA2A and the second one sounding a little more dense. The Behringer part sounds nervous and uneven in comparison.

Ive been able to snap up a KT EQP for small money ,
HPF dial is broken but otherwise its working perfectly ,

A quick check on Thomann shows the KT2A retails now for 299 euros ,
available in 4-5 weeks ,
76KT has a lead time of around 6-8 weeks , same price ,
EQP is on back order also .

Latest posts

Back