What time is it ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okgb

why , it's Car breaking weather time , warmer today but

Car[gh] ! !!

Sentences that begin with 'Why,' always make me think of Oliver Hardy  ;D

olliexe1.jpg

It's been snowing some 2 weeks here in Helsinki now, with several days break in between. Every two days the headlines are screaming "Accidents!" "Serious motorway metal bending spree!" etc.

It's baffling to me how it's always a surprise to most people that it's snowing a whole lot. I mean the whole infrastructure seems as if taken by surprise. Trains don't work, buses running late.

Every year.

Decade after decade.

Here where I live, for the last 2 or 3 weeks were a couple of days really hot, over 35ºC and a big storm, hard winds, roofs sheets flying around, today I hear at least 3 roofs flew in the last one, one of which goes completle out and cut a couple of sheets from their neighbor... the one that flew just need to put new sheets, not need to take out a single one more... Ice falling a some km from home, a lot of people with about 50cm of water inside their houses, for me was just about 2 cm in my bedroom, nothing happens, luky me, is common in my bedroom so I have everything waiting for that but for making it right I have to work on my neighbor's... I didn't hear about nobody hurt in my city yet.

JS

Kingston said:
It's been snowing some 2 weeks here in Helsinki now, with several days break in between. Every two days the headlines are screaming "Accidents!" "Serious motorway metal bending spree!" etc.

It's baffling to me how it's always a surprise to most people that it's snowing a whole lot. I mean the whole infrastructure seems as if taken by surprise. Trains don't work, buses running late.

Every year.

Decade after decade.

It's the same here in Quebec, just a few centimeters of snow and they start to close schools! t seems that even if winters have less and less snow, we are more and more affected by it, it's a paradox!

For sure every year it takes people a few days to remember and adapt to driving after the
first snow , It's when it gets below -25c  that things start physically breaking , why
just yesterday I discovered I need a new starter .

equally hard ,which could be worse or better  + 35 C or  - 35 C  ?    [ I feel for you , flying debris ! ]

okgb said:
It's when it gets below -25c  that things start physically breaking

Indeed. That's another excuse for our benevolent masters of infrastructure to convey the information "sorry, we fucked up again! had no idea this was coming at all"

Every year.

okgb said:
equally hard ,which could be worse or better  + 35 C or  - 35 C  ?    [ I feel for you , flying debris ! ]

I think my car likes more here with +35C than somewhere with -35C... but I guess at -35C would deliver more power to weels, the issue is how to deliver this few more HP from weels to the snow...

JS

the city where I live has contracted out snow clearing  , and now the private contractors ALWAYS
break curbs and do a shittier job trying to do as much as quickly as possible .
the light snow on ice doubles the rush hour drive anywhere .

the extremes here are at least -30 C to + 30 C  summer rush hour you have to worry about the car overheating
at least the kind of cars I can afford , and hopefully have A/C

Back