What to build in Chinese MC-012 body?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icantthinkofaname

I have a pair of Chinese MC-012 bodies lying around, they're sized differently from the MK-012, they're a bit longer. I'm not really sure what to do with them since replacing them with another pair of the Russian preamps. They're compatible with the Russian capsules though. I replaced them because they're quite sensitive to handling noise and resonate a lot, moreso than the Russian ones it seems.

First thing I'm wondering is what would sort of circuit would be good to use. Second thing is, can I do something to make them less prone to handling noise and resonance besides just using a good shockmount because I've tried that.
Handling noise refering mostly when I mount them on a boom pole.

With the Russian bodies I just have to use a Rycote mount like the INV7 and use something to tie the cable to the pole, but the Chinese pres still seem to have some noise doing that.

I believe the body is 85mm long and the interior diameter is 18mm, though I don't have them on hand right now.

There's at least one alt circuit pcb being sold for these that looks interesting. I turned one into a tube mic once, worked well on the bench, but it got lost in the shuffle and never finished.

There's at least one alt circuit pcb being sold for these that looks interesting. I turned one into a tube mic once, worked well on the bench, but it got lost in the shuffle and never finished.
I was thinking of building the Russell Technologies board in them, but I'm concerned resonance might still be an issue. Also I was mistaken, the Chinese body is a bit shorter.

Latest posts

Back