what type of pots are b10k and c10k on the art project series preamp,. one is yellow and is marked c10k the other blue marked b10k.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flashlamp

what type of pots are b10k and c10k potentimeters on the art project series preamp,. one is yellow and is marked c10k the other blue marked b10k. i need to know what type to order to replaced them. both broke trying to open the enclosure.

Typically b10k is 10k linear taper and c10k is 10k reverse audio (log) taper. However not every manufacturer follows this convention, so best if you could figure out the full part # and corresponding data sheet.

Typically b10k is 10k linear taper and c10k is 10k reverse audio (log) taper. However not every manufacturer follows this convention, so best if you could figure out the full part # and corresponding data sheet.

Attachments

• Resized_20220115_105143.jpeg
    Resized_20220115_105143.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 14
  • Resized_20220115_110931.jpeg
    Resized_20220115_110931.jpeg
    404.8 KB · Views: 14
are these chinese or japanese components is what is that letter / logo on that potentemeter.

I found this on a fb group Log into Facebook

"Q. what is the difference between A10k, b10k And c10k potentiometers?
Ans. Prefixes A, B and C indicate the tapered pattern of resistive material. Taper is the variation of resistance value related to the movement of the wiper. Variation can be linear, logarithmic, anti-logarithmic or semi-logarithmic.
Unfortunately, use of letters is not standardised and depends on the origin (the USA, Japan or Europe). Same markings can have different meanings.
In Europe, A means lin (linear), B log (logarithmic) and C anti-log. Whereas in Japan, A means log, B lin and D anti-log.
The code also varies between different manufacturers. To avoid any confusion, you may find no letter or its meaning on the body of a potentiometer."

The manufacturer should be able to help.

I don't recognize the brand off hand. Some common ones are Alps, BI, and Bourns, but doesn't look like any of them. You might be able to measure the pots to figure it out depending how damaged they are.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back