What we expect from our leaders

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveP

The British way of coping with national tragedies has changed completely over my lifetime.  The old stiff upper lip style of self restraint has been well and truly dumped.  Unfortunately Prime Minister May has only just got the message.

It probably all started when Bill Clinton appeared and gave big hugs all round, we became aware of the "touchy feely" style of presidency.  The Queen fell foul of the new national mood swing when Diana died, she was criticised for lack of emotional response.

It poses a few questions in my mind, do women have to be a certain type to make it in a Man's world?  May is in a similar mold to Margaret Thatcher in this respect.  Do only unemotional types of women  make it to the top?

DaveP

I'm convinced  this world would be in much less trouble if there were fewer testosterone driven people at the top, male or female.

Trouble is, women who want to make it to the top tend to kill their female strengths.
They even get  speech therapy to make their voices sound lower.

pucho812 said:
They are supposed to be in the U.S. not sure about the rest of the world.

Once elected, the only thing they represent is their own self-interest.  It doesn't matter what level of Govt.  they're in. It's like a septic tank - the sh*t rises to the top.

Spiritworks said:
Once elected, the only thing they represent is their own self-interest.  It doesn't matter what level of Govt. their in. It's like a septic tank - the sh*t rises to the top.
;D Yup "cream rises to the top and sh__ floats".  (Mine doesn't float last time I looked, but TMI sorry).

Government service should be just that, charitable service not a career undertaken for pecuniary gain... The legislature spends so much money it is pretty much impossible to not be corrupted by it. 

Another old saying is "starve the beast", only by shrinking government spending can we maybe keep the vultures in check.

JR

micaddict said:
Not if you eat right.

internal gas makes some turds float (embedded farts) ... greasy fat others...

remarkable what you can learn from google. While google said water in turds makes them float and that just does not make sense unless they are frozen.  :eek:

JR

off topic?  try this tangent for a bit of oddness...

A Modesto Walgreens was briefly evacuated Saturday morning after a man set his underwear on fire in the bathroom.

The man, 45-year-old Andrew Cheadle, was caught and arrested on two felony warrants out of Sacramento but not charged with arson due to the reason he lit his pants on fire. Modesto Police Sgt. Steve Hinkley said he’d had an accident and was trying to get his underwear off but couldn’t, so he used a lighter to burn them off.

The incident occurred at the Walgreens at Standiford Avenue and Carver Road at about 9:20 a.m.

Cheadle threw the burning underwear in the toilet which quickly extinguished the fire, but smoke filled the bathroom, prompting an evacuation of the store.

Cheadle left the store, admitting to several employees that he started the fire, then headed south on Carver, said Modesto Fire Department Battalion Chief Randy Anderson.

Cheadle was found in a nearby neighborhood on Otis Avenue and Sheldon Drive.

Latest posts

Back